Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like I'm missing something here:

26 July does an attack action and activates all guerrillas in a Oriente for 1 resource.

Special activity-> Ambush: 26 July can Ambush in an "Attack space" (Oriente from the attack action?) so long as it has an underground guerrilla (Impossible because the attack action activates all guerrillas).

Or is it to be interpreted that the space for an ambush is chosen LIKE an attack action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodger Samuel
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special Activities can be performed before, during, or after the Action [only one of these, however]. So, one designates the intended Attack space [Oriente, in your example] as an Ambush, then conducts the Attack there in accordance with the rules for Ambush. Thus, by designating the Ambush before executing the Attack, the guerrillas will still be underground for the Ambush declaration.

Probably someone more authoritative will respond, but this is how I understand it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I always interpreted special activities as a followup actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Ambush works a little differently than most (all?) of the other special activities. It basically just lets you conduct one of your Attacks as an Ambush instead of following the normal rules for an Attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:

All the special activities can be executed before, during or after an Operation. And all the factions can do that, even the Government.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einar Faanes
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, which means that Government may sweep in a city, transport troops to another space and sweep there as well. And the M26 may terrorize until they run out of resources, then kidnap, then continue to terrorize with their newly acquired resources.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:

NRBH but it can happen before, during or after.
[edit: see rule 4.1]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Uncle Bastard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
skeletonhat wrote:

The rules are very clear that Special Activities can happen before, during or after a related operation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
I've never had this question, you might check out the bot procedure aid after you know the actions rules. Maybe that or the playbook helped understand some particular procedures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.