Poll
Russian authentic games?
It can be interesting for me
Maybe, i don't know.
Huh, russian games? Definetly, no.
      40 answers
Poll created by resistance90
Hello, guys.

Several months ago i saw here post with a particular request - one man was searhing The Elven Castle, a game, which only available in Russia. I helped him, found and bought this game. It's the very strange and obscure game (but also well-designed). So i was really surprised when else two members asked me to buy that either.
I consider that they aren't alone. Russian bg market has been grown up last years. Okay, we haven't really masterpiece games like Scythe or Terraforming Mars yet. But we have a few very interresting games with great artstyle and unique mechanics. Sad, but russian authors can't deal with big west publishers. Sometimes it's happen, but in the very strange way. A terrible example is Clear for Takeoff. In Russia it is a really good game with nice mechanics and fun gameplay. But wtf happened when it has been published by blue orange?? IDK.

Well. I ask you. Do you need games, which only avalaible in Russia or CIS? I can make a little store in the Geek Market, but before i want to hear your opinions and i'm ready to answer your questions.

upd: i added a poll. Please, give me your choice or feedback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything about Russian games. Are you talking about games designed and produced in Russia? If so, what are some other good examples of such games?

Just going on the games you mentioned (Elven Castle and Clear for Takeoff), neither looks interesting to me.

I guess my other concern is the language barrier. I don't speak or read Russian, so game has to be really great for me to consider doing the extra work of finding and applying paste-ups or printing translated rules so I can play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitrii Bulanov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bwingrave wrote:
I don't know anything about Russian games. Are you talking about games designed and produced in Russia? If so, what are some other good examples of such games?

I guess my other concern is the language barrier. I don't speak or read Russian, so game has to be really great for me to consider doing the extra work of finding and applying paste-ups or printing translated rules so I can play.

For exaple there are series of games by Instaglyph publisher. Bestiary of Sigillum is a first game. It's a duel euro game (but there is addon for people, who like random).

Or Nitro - postapocalyptic race-game with a lot of cards and random.

About rules and cards - if i'll see that these games have inquiry - i'll find a way to translate it. (not myself, my language isn't appropriate).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume there must be Russian wargame designers. I'd love to get my hands on a wargame designed by Russians, especially about a war that was waged by Russians. But I would need a translated manual.

http://www.wargamevault.com/ would be a good place to sell such games, assuming that a PnP version could be made with a good manual.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitrii Bulanov
Russia
Saint Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lacreighton wrote:
I assume there must be Russian wargame designers. I'd love to get my hands on a wargame designed by Russians, especially about a war that was waged by Russians. But I would need a translated manual.

http://www.wargamevault.com/ would be a good place to sell such games, assuming that a PnP version could be made with a good manual.

Look at this: http://www.tehnolog.ru/index.php ("Продукия" means catalog), and this: http://art-of-tactic.com
There are wargames with miniatures. Sad, but i don't know anything about hard wargames (but i can learn this, if it will be interesting).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere on BGG is info on this Russian wargame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hindman
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One.

There is one Russian game I'd like to get my hands on. And, of course, since I don't speak Russian, I'd also like to get my hands on translated rules.

I'm probably not the best customer for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Smith
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The two games that were published recently and available quite easily in the U.K. Were Viceroy and Berserk: War of the Realms. Both very good , with revised berserk rules needed.
I know Hobby World have been trying to get some games distributed for years with some cool looking boxsets using zvezda models.
You can track them down but it is hard work.
Have you tried contacting them to see if they would use you as a middle man to help open the boardgame market to fellow BGG users?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.