Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
60 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Apocrypha Adventure Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter fulfilment Europe - Anoyne received their deliveries yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While on holiday, I looked at the Apocrypha Kickstarter site and read that August 15th was "Day zero", the day on which American backers should have received their deliveries and when European backers stuff should have been dispatched.
Now: I have not received any information on my delivery, no tracking, no e-mail, nothing.
Has anyone else received anything?
And, no, writing to Loneshark (actually replying to my original "receipt e-mail from them from Feb 2016) did not help, they have not even replied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the last Kickstarter update said it is still some weeks if I interpreted the text correctly.

All added together, this was probably my most disappointing Kickstarter experience. It's not the first to be delayed (also waiting for Darkest Night 2nd edition and Fog of Love) but the first one with so poor communication about how, what and where. I'm even not that excited anymore to play it and even consider selling it sealed. We'll see, maybe seeing the box finally in my hands somewhere in the future might spark my enthousiasm again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gesine, you should have received Update #46 via e-mail on 15/9. Here's the part which probably interests you most:
"In the EU and other parts of the world, GamesQuest is handling our fulfillment; for Australia and Asia, it's Let's Play Games. Both have all their games and backer spreadsheets from us, and are underway with fulfillment. We think it will all be done in a couple weeks. "

I hope that's helpful -- I find the game to be quite fun, yet challenging (I admit my bias, having playtested it dozens of times before release ... and after as well!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig,
thanks.
Ad 1: I have not received any (!) communication or any e-mails regarding my delivery. This does not inspire confidence. Considering that one would assume that this e-mail was sent out based on the "spreadsheet" you mention, it is quite probable that I am missing.

Ad 2: I have not heard back from Loneshark Customer Service.
This is even worse form.

At this stage, I am quite annoyed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gesine Stanienda
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kurt,

yes, I know what you mean. I was really enthusiastic about this game. I had even posted 3 videos of the PnP version last year.
But, as you say, terrible coms, and what I find unacceptable is that it was available at conventions in America before the backers got their copies.
Considering we financed this venture, I would have expected this to hit our tables first.

My next video on this will of course reflect my very negative experience.

As a company, I cannot recommend them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Stockwell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gesine,

Not receiving e-mail doesn't necessarily mean your shipment isn't en route -- I live in the U.S., and I didn't receive an e-mail telling me my shipment was on the way. It was nice to have it before Gen Con -- I believe all North American backers had their copies before the limited number at the show were for sale. I definitely understand the frustration that non-US backers feel (I've backed >200 projects, mostly games, and have had to wait extra/longer for being outside of the creator's area).

(I'm sharing my experience here -- not speaking for Lone Shark. I would've loved to have the game sooner, but I understand why it didn't release sooner.)

Hang in there -- I've played a LOT of games over the past five decades, and Apocrypha is in my Top Ten. I hope you like it too, despite the delays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently on sale at Games Lore UK. Have not received my copy and no word of delivery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Makos
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very disappointed that a UK retailer can advertise it for sale before any UK backers get the product. They've even got a copy listed in their "damaged stock" which is pretty obnoxious for those of us waiting just to catch a glimpse of our copy.

I presume they all came in on the one shipment so that means the reason we don't have ours yet is that GamesQuest have dropped the ball?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
I share the sentiment. No idea what's going on since I've had zero in the way of communication regarding the delivery. This has been my worst Kickstarter experience so far. Will not back Loan Shark again. I'm likely to be getting rid of my game, tired of it before I even have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon UK have it in stock as well... So much for an embargo until all kickstarter/preorders are filled...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hakko504 wrote:
Amazon UK have it in stock as well... So much for an embargo until all kickstarter/preorders are filled...

We are looking into this. Esdevium knows of our embargo, so we do not believe that these retailers are actually shipping copies, even if they are taking orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if it makes anyone feel any better (although why would it?), initially it was intimated to retail customers that the only way to buy the game was to pick up damaged stock. I spoke with one of my regular online store owners who hadn't opted to get the game in as he felt the price was still way too high for something which was damaged.

I found another retailer who was taking preorders, only for damaged copies. As I didn't want to miss out, I ordered one - a week ago. It hasn't been despatched, has been removed completely from their website, and I've not yet had a reply as to when they might be mailing them out.

I'll be bloody annoyed if the order is cancelled/refunded only to find all other stock has already been snapped up, damaged or not.

I'm very keen to get the game, but the wallet wasn't well placed when the Kickstarter campaign was running. At least when backers get theirs you'll get some bonuses... and an unblemished copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After investigating some things, we posted a message to EU backers today.

--

Dear EU Backers,

We were going to write an update today that all non-EU shipments of The World have been sent out to backers, that EU assembly was done, and that EU shipments would begin on Monday. Then we found out something that made us change our message.

We have just learned that some EU retailers have your game before you do. It was a miscommunication with our EU distributor, Esdevium, and you're bearing the brunt of that mistake. We are all deeply sorry about this and, having spoken to Esdevium this morning (who is also very sorry), we have come up with a plan to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

All of us here at Lone Shark and our partners have done our best to get this game to you in a timely fashion. This is a very complicated fulfillment process, and while we strive for perfection, we didn't achieve it. As the Chief Business Officer and manager of the Apocrypha production and fulfillment, it is my job to insure things go smoothly, so I take full responsibility for the error. While I know how hard everyone involved with this project has worked, I know this doesn't make up for the fact that you are getting the game later than retailers.

I have been assured by GamesQuest that fulfillment will commence on Monday and be completed in short order. I have also been assured that everyone from the EU will have their games before Essen. Further, I will be at Essen Spiel in the GamesQuest booth and am happy to speak with you and hear your thoughts directly about this (I'll also have some Contract Poison promo cards presigned by a lot of the team). You are also welcome to email support with "for Marie" in the re: line and I will reply.

This has been a very difficult project and our first of its kind. We have learned a great deal and will use that knowledge to improve our processes. I hope you can forgive us for the problems, and it is my intention to see that EU, Canada, and Australia are fulfilled at the same time as US backers in our next go-around.

Thank you for sticking it out with us.

Sincerely,

Marie Poole
Chief Business Officer, Lone Shark Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan, Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing that really sucked was when I walked into my FLGS earlier this afternoon to see two copies of Apocrypha on the shelf staring back at me. Awesome job Loan Shark! Granted the copies were £75 each, for a card game that seems very expensive. The owner of my FLGS told me that far better fulfillment companies exist for Europe, Esdevium are just the cheapest. WAY TO GO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yesbryn wrote:
The thing that really sucked was when I walked into my FLGS earlier this afternoon to see two copies of Apocrypha on the shelf staring back at me. Awesome job Loan Shark! Granted the copies were £75 each, for a card game that seems very expensive. The owner of my FLGS told me that far better fulfillment companies exist for Europe, Esdevium are just the cheapest. WAY TO GO!

Please note the apology above. We just found about this last night. We can't take the copies back from your local game store. All we can do is say we're sorry that it happened, and try very hard to make sure it never happens again.

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm usually that guy who is very patient with kickstarters, delays etc and doesn't complains, but this is pure bs, sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Herne
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i am also waiting, but seeing the game on FLGS on friday knowing that fullfilmet starts on monday it not that big of a deal!

+- 2 weeks are hard to plan for when doing a worldwide delivery!

after all the companys like lone shark have to earn money...

i just hope the game is good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping seems to have started as I just got an email telling me that a parcel is on it's way to me from England and the only thing I'm waiting for right now is Apocrypha Adventure Card Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my tracking mail, Poland. Package is supposed to be delivered within 4-5 days, they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ksiazekrzysztof wrote:
Got my tracking mail, Poland. Package is supposed to be delivered within 4-5 days, they say.

My tracking mail came yesterday (I'm in Denmark).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm a late backer who backed through the pledgemanager not kickstarter, will mine be shipped out with rest of the EU kickstarter copies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koverath wrote:
I'm a late backer who backed through the pledgemanager not kickstarter, will mine be shipped out with rest of the EU kickstarter copies?
I did the same thing, and mine has already been sent, so, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Selinker
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Koverath wrote:

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek D
United Kingdom
Maidenhead
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copy today (UK).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Van Hoeyveld
Belgium
Stabroek
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No mail so definitely no received copy yet here... (Belgium)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.