Subject: Greedo - Skirmish - Parting Shot and Miracle Worker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ikon
msg tools
Hi all,
I have this situation:

1. Greedo suffer damage equal to its health pool
2. MHD-19 plays Miracle Worker which will prevent Greedo from being defeated recovering 3 HP instead. I decide to resolve this card before Parting Shot because of rule at RRG page 9 "Conflicts": "Effects from multiple figures under the control of a single player are resolved in the order of that player’s choice".
3. Parting Shot then interrupts, right before Greedo is being defeated (as stated by the card), so that he can perform an attack and then being actually defeated
4. Greedo attacks
5. Now Greedo is finally defeated but the effect of MW comes into play and let him recover health instead.

Is that right?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Roop
United States
Mendon
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so... Miracle Worker PREVENTS the defeated condition, removing the required condition from Parting Shot. A character can't be defeated and not defeated at the same time. One ability or the other can trigger, but not both. You seem to be attempting to put Magic:the Gathering timing into a system with much clearer timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
(Edit: maybe this is the clearest way.)

Parting Shot ends with "You are defeated." It will defeat the figure regardless of the damage the figure has suffered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ikon
msg tools
Beholm wrote:
You seem to be attempting to put Magic:the Gathering timing into a system with much clearer timing.

William you are right indeed I intended timing/trigger/effect for this game in a MtG fashion which is a misinterpretation as Pasi clearly explained.

Thanks Pasi for clarifying on this. The opposite would have brought to crazy outcomes of resurrection plus 2 attacks when Slow on the Draw was involved into this loop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.