Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday is the day Carl Paradis , aka Von K, is finally going to get a whipping. He thinks that for the last 3 years I've been loosing un-purposely in Combat Commander. Well BGG friends, fool me once.....Let me say 'TOMORROW WILL BE SUCH AS SONGS WILL BE SUNG ABOUT'! Start singing boys cause a storm is a brewing on house Paradis. It was nice 'old foe'! Bu-bye!angry

VELOX AD IMPETUM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
what is that phrase that comes to mind....oh yeah...

"Famous Last Words" for 600, Alex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redcap
England
Higham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit!

I thought this was an online free offer to beat him hard with a stick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
Spare the rod, spoil the grog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Belli
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
mbmbmbmbmb
"May God have mercy on General Lee, for I will have none."

Major-General Joseph Hooker, shortly before his crushing defeat at Chancellorsville in 1863
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
TheMP wrote:
Dammit!

I thought this was an online free offer to beat him hard with a stick!

No Retreat! Battle with Paradis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
In many years it will be known as an epic poem.... "Paradis Lost"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, he won't be playing with Carl Paradis, he will be playing with 'Carl Paradis'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
Loodlood wrote:
No worries, he won't be playing with Carl Paradis, he will be playing with 'Carl Paradis'.

Ah, so it's just Carl Paradis with a fake, villainous moustache then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck, all the best, enjoy, take care, have fun, if not, there is always next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

Strike him down and take your place by my side!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Gutierrez
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
"A pilot's greatest virtue is to know when to run" -- "What's this, a joke?"
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, you've purposely been losing game of Combat Commander?
I didn't know it was possible to plan for any strategy in that game whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain K
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Agreed, I thought CC just happened ... planning be damned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Loodlood wrote:

Ceci n'est pas Carl Paradis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
Pascal said, "The eternal silence of these infinite spaces terrifies me."
badge
"The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of."--Pascal
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as long as you and Carl don't enter Fifty Shades of Grey territory, things should work out fine.

goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
Just as long as you and Carl don't enter Fifty Shades of Grey territory, things should work out fine.

goo

I knew I liked you for some reason, though I still don't know what that reason is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeb
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
mbmbmbmbmb
These designers of some of our best wargames need a good trashing from time to time. Is he lickin his wounds or do you have your tail between your legs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Snowman wrote:
These designers of some of our best wargames need a good trashing from time to time. Is he lickin his wounds or do you have your tail between your legs?

I'm still to stomp him cause over here in 'them thar hills' it's still Saturday and the lesson is tomorrow. Man, will he be surprised when I flank him from the left and he's expecting a right assault, well, I'll assault him from the left! Hahahahahaha! Or if he's expecting an artillery barrage well, I'll melee him while I'm calling in for an artillery barrage. Yea yea, friendly fire. HEY, this guy has been whoopin me for the last three years,uhhhmm I mean, I've been letting him win so I can humiliate him with a 'rain of fire's. What did Khrushchev " I WILL CRUSH YOU" eeeeeyaaaaaa!
Sorry, I lost my modicum of decorum state.
By the way, I'm bringing some prosciutto to distract him and when his belly if full...etc. Sing boys, sing! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
"It's a long way to Tipperary, It's a long way from home."whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Presumably Carl will be wearing a sweater, so a suitably camouflaging battle shirt could be just the edge you need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vimy145 wrote:
Good luck, all the best, enjoy, take care, have fun, if not, there is always next time.

Ronald! You seem like a genuine nice guy to me sort of like a Private Ryan type of mensch!
Let me break down the situation
LUCK, well i guess we all need it though I'm not going in with that perspective. My thoughts, he needs it!!!!!
ALL THE BEST, thanks bro!
ENJOY, yes. First thing I'm going to do is seek out the heads of state and cut off their.......you get the picture!
TAKE CARE, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid!
HAVE FUN, fun sir is what you make it! If taking down House Paradis is fun then, so be it!
NEXT TIME, surely you jest my good Ronald! You are dismissed!
I'm off

Sing boys, singwhistle

THE ANTS ARE MARCHING TWO BY TWO
HURRAH, HURRAH......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Hill
Canada
Durham Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danpancaldi wrote:
Vimy145 wrote:

Ronald! You seem like a genuine nice guy to me sort of like a Private Ryan type of mensch!
Let me break down the situation
LUCK, well i guess we all need it though I'm not going in with that perspective. My thoughts, he needs it!!!!!
ALL THE BEST, thanks bro!
ENJOY, yes. First thing I'm going to do is seek out the heads of state and cut off their.......you get the picture!
TAKE CARE, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't afraid!
HAVE FUN, fun sir is what you make it! If taking down House Paradis is fun then, so be it!
NEXT TIME, surely you jest my good Ronald! You are dismissed!
I'm off

Sing boys, singwhistle

THE ANTS ARE MARCHING TWO BY TWO
HURRAH, HURRAH......

Dan, thank you so very much for the personal reply. I don't know what a 'mensch' is, but, for reasons unknown to me, the word 'shmuck' pops into my head. I love the confidence you are displaying and after 3 years of defeat, your time is now! GO FOT IT! Kick that Paradis ass! [No insult intended Mr. C. Paradis], may your personal paradise Dan contain a stuffed Paradis dominantly be displayed, [once again no insult intended Mr. C. Paradis], with your victory being continuously played over and over on a large video display. HUUURRRAAAAHHHH!!!!

As for your song Dan, I learned a slightly different version, depending on what side you are playing, it may be helpful to you:

Three German soldiers crossed the Rhine hurrah, hurrah...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mensch is pretty much the opposite of schmuck.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mensch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did the Tournament Battle Pack Scenario #11: La Villa Strangiato". meeple

Italians Defending (Dan, aka "Duce") vs Americans Attacking (Carl, aka "Von K") - 1943 Sicily -map 72-

The numerous Italians are defending a Village Against the Yankee onslaught!

What is quite peculiar with this scenario is that the Italians have a 20VP advantage at start and just Objective marker "U" (i.e: GAll 5 objectives are worth 3VP each). The Spaghettis also have better leader and support weapons for a change. While US leaders are of the "90-day wonder" sort. Lots of terrain to take cover in, too.

Below is a Picture of Dan, the Italian Commander, wearing a WW-II Italian Helmet obviously way too small for his bloated ego... He seems to ponder why he foolishly decided to do battle today, under the scorching summer sun of Italy. Shades of Mussolini?

Below is a picture of Me, the American Commander, wearing an US Army Helmet, my "Hex" wargame Shirt (sorry, too hot for a sweater) and the initiative marker (a WW2 Training Grenade, bwhahahaha!). Why the "V for Victory" sign and confident grin? Well, we are the good guys, aren't we???

BTW here are the Baddies:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan pancaldi
Canada
Les Coteaux, Que.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
We did the Tournament Battle Pack Scenario #11: La Villa Strangiato". meeple

Italians Defending (Dan, aka "Duce") vs Americans Attacking (Carl, aka "Von K") - 1943 Sicily -map 72-

The numerous Italians are defending a Village Against the Yankee onslaught!

What is quite peculiar with this scenario is that the Italians have a 20VP advantage at start and just Objective marker "U" (i.e: Get all 5 objectives to win). The Spaghettis also have better leader and support weapons for a change. While US leaders are of the "90-day wonder" sort. Lots of terrain to take cover in, too.

Below is a Picture of Dan, the Italian Commander, wearing a real WW-II Italian Helmet obviously way too small for his bloated ego... He seems to ponder why he foolishly decided to do battle today, under the scorching summer sun of Italy. Shades of Mussolini?

Below is a picture of Me, the American Commander, wearing an US Army Helmet, my "Hex" wargame T-Shirt and the initiative marker (a real WW2 Training Grenade, bwhahahaha!). Why the "V for Victory" sign and confident grin? Well, we are the good guys, aren't we???

BTW here are the Baddies:

He had an ACE up his sleeve and NOT just up his sleeve!yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.