Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Chen
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mb

This app is great perfect!!

But it is strange when I use WIFI to login to online game lobby.

The screen will block there.

It's fine to work in LTE phone network.

Any clue to solve this issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
I have the exact opposite problem. Wifi works, LTE network hangs.

What I've found in my case is when I turn on and off airplane mode, the very moment the online gem turns green, if I click Online Game, I can sometimes load in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Musil
msg tools
I'm trying to figure it out. It looks like there is a specific network setup causing this. I need to find out which ona. Looking for some pattern. Or... I need to find such network to make the experiments.

If you would have anything more, please share. Here or support@czechgames.com . Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Did some additional testing.

1) Turns out you can force it to work by staying in the Connecting lobby screen then just turning on and off airplane mode. I'm guessing it retries the connection/loading and that's how it works.

2) Sometimes the number of online players and games is non-zero so it's able to get partial data but not enough to fully load the lobby.

3) Once I'm able to get into the lobby once, it will continue working (I can go back to the title screen, click Online Game and things will load)

4) I am on a Galaxy S7 with T-Mobile as my network.

My theory is that there may be a race condition with the game trying to load the lobby before it finishes receiving data from the server and then drops the data afterwards as it's in a state where it thinks it's done but isn't really. And every time you go in it tries again from Square One. Once it receives the data properly once though it's able to load the lobby properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
The latest on the problem:

Quote:

Hello,
we found out that our servers do not run well with some LTE networks that runs on IPv6. Users that switched to IPv4 solved the issue that way. We are currently working on an update that will allow all IPv6 to connect without problems.
Thank you for your update!

I can confirm creating a copy of the T-mobile APN on my phone but switching it to use IPV4 instead of IPV6 fixed the problem for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Seraphim
United States
flag msg tools
Confirmed the problem exists when using Google Fi as your carrier. Can't connect while using Fi LTE. Works fine as soon as I connect to an IPv4 WiFi network. Hoping for an update soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.