Subject: Game Questions ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Wilson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
What is the purpose of the Blue dotted Lines ?
can the police use these lines as a move from South 152 to North 173
also North 66 to South 98 and vice versa

it would make sense for these lines not to be there otherwise

I also think it makes sense for the Blue INVESTIGATOR to use his special Boat ability if his crossing is connected to a blue circle. (the blue circles being safe areas of water that a boat is moored at.

I also think Tokens that could be placed on the Jack Move track like Whitechapel would have been much better than cards as Boat & Alley only need to cover one number on the move track. maybe someone could do some nice images for us to print and make ourselfs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazzabw wrote:
What is the purpose of the Blue dotted Lines ?
can the police use these lines as a move from South 152 to North 173
also North 66 to South 98 and vice versa

it would make sense for these lines not to be there otherwise

I also think it makes sense for the Blue INVESTIGATOR to use his special Boat ability if his crossing is connected to a blue circle. (the blue circles being safe areas of water that a boat is moored at.

Incorrect on both counts.

The purpose of the blue dotted lines is to denote the boundary of the body of water (along with the black dotted lines).

The blue investigator can use his special boat ability to move from one crossing on the boundary of a given body of water to another.

Boats and lanterns are conceptually the same, the only difference being water versus land. In both cases the only restriction is that you can't cross a dotted line when performing the move. Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Wilson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
So police can't move along the blue dotted lines especially the one on the far left of the board ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bazzabw wrote:
So police can't move along the blue dotted lines especially the one on the far left of the board ?

As I understand it that's right- the police can't walk on water

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Wilson
United Kingdom
Liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
Ha ha, thanks... I can just see some investigators accidentally using that blue dotted lined route on the bottom left. I understand that they separate the water boundaries but are not really needed as the edge of the board acts as the boundary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.