Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Swordmaster question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Livingston
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Apologies in advance for what's most likely a repeat question. I just can't find answer anywhere. Clovis is equipped with great sword and flaming great sword. I leveled and see swordmaster as an option. This seems too strong but does that mean I roll a total of 11 dice? 5 from each sword and his one extra. Thanks and sorry if repeat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Thompson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
My understanding of Swordmaster is that both weapons still have to be the same. The Great sword and Flaming Great sword may both be Great Swords, but they aren't the same weapon. So you can't dual wield them. You would need two great swords or a second copy of the Flaming Great Sword to use Swordmaster.
The second part of your question: Clovis's ability adds +1 per weapon. If you are dual-wielding great swords, you have 5 per Great sword and +1 die per Great sword for a total of 12 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Livingston
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Wow okay. Thanks so much for the answer. I also wasn't sure about them being great swords but not exactly the same. Great potential though for double flaming great swords. I assume there's a second in the deck... Ty so much for reply now I can move forward with game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ettore Cavalieri
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It´s quite a useless skill given the small chance of you end up having the only two itens in the entire deck that makes it worthy. Only happened twice with my me on over 40 gameplays. Although, it´s really cool to roll 12 dies when that happen.

Hope the fix it in ZGH bringing more possibilities

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hater King wrote:
Great potential though for double flaming great swords. I assume there's a second in the deck...

There is only one copy of each of the magic equipment in Wulfsburg.

So... Your assumption would be wrong. Unless you buy another copy of Wulfsburg, Clovis won't be dual wielding Flaming Great Swords anytime soon.

Ziruga is correct... Swordmaster isn't a very good skill. Without bringing additional copies of cards into your deck, the only weapons that Swordmaster allows you to dual-wield are the Great Sword and the Bastard Sword.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gredin 06
France
flag msg tools
Common house rules for Swordmaster include :

1) Any melee weapon can be used as a "dagger".
example you get +1 melee die if you have a hammer and a greatsword equipped. You decide which weapon you want to use before rolling and add +1 die to it.

2) Any two melee weapons (1handed restriction optional) can be dual wielded
You simply roll the dice for each weapon separately.

Not too important for Clovis since his other orange skill is good.
But there are poor souls with swordmaster as their blue skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.