Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've read all forum posts about Ogre's Challenge but still have questions. Also, a couple of the posts mentioned a FAQ about this card, but the FAQ on smirkanddagger did not mention this card.

My current feeling is that the card should work like this, after the Ogre gets his 3 face up cards:

1. Deal everyone a card face down, which they may look at (this wasn't obvious to us).

2. In initiative order, the first player has exactly one chance to fold, before getting any new cards. If they choose not to fold, then they may either stick or keep hitting for new cards, dealt face up. (This post: Re: Ogre's Challenge Question by the designer explicitly states the player may fold after being dealt a new card, but I am hoping he just misspoke.)

3. After that player has stopped, one way or another, the next player in initiative order does the same thing, etc.

4. After all players are done, the face down cards are flipped up for all players who did not immediately fold (per 2. above). Those who went over take 40 LP; those who have did not go over but have fewer points than someone else (who did not go over), take 15 LP. And the remaining players (who may share the highest without going over) each get 5 prestige.

What parts of the above are incorrect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have stated it correctly (and yes, I may have misspoke about folding after your first opportunity. You only get one shot to fold after looking at your card)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Moots
United States
Riley
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! (This game is a hoot.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.