Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tantrum Anger Management Skill Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Could not find this specific question/answer in the thread. I am a little confused how this works as on surface it seems a little under powered to invest in if treated like most other skill die.

If i understand, after you have acquired and decide to use it, you roll it along with other dice based on your dexterity limits. Once rolled, you put the result in your active slot.

Here is where my confusion is. At this point in your active slot, is it basically a one use die? you use it to modify your rage dice by whatever the anger die is showing and than exhaust the anger die?

Thank you for any clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both symbols showing on the Anger Management die have (I) next to them, indicating they activate instantly once rolled. So it never goes in your Active slots, you'd do what you rolled right away and then exhaust it.

I assume most people use it to try to get the Advance side, to get to their 2.8 or 3.8 to do some real damage with their RAGE.

That being said, it's not a skill I've ever trained, because like you I've always seen a better place to invest my Training Points. But like all skills on every Gearloc, I'm sure there are strategies of playing Tantrum that employ this skill well, even if I've never gone that way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brighterthanthesun wrote:

That being said, it's not a skill I've ever trained, because like you I've always seen a better place to invest my Training Points. But like all skills on every Gearloc, I'm sure there are strategies of playing Tantrum that employ this skill well, even if I've never gone that way!

Anger management is useful if you want to actually use Rage #2/#3.

Otherwise by the time your rage naturally upticks 8/12 times, the battle has already been decided. Anger management can help get an early 5pt baddy execute, which is useful, albeit a bit situational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brach Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. Very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.