Subject: Reveal and pick up clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D P
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
I have some questions regarding the reveal and pick up rules. I will list them under each rule.

"At the cost of 1 movement, you may pick up any ITEMS, WEAPONS, KEYS, CAMPERS, and reveal/pick up OBJECTIVES in the same space as you."

1a) The rule mentions items, weapons, and campers - which to my understanding are only obtained from cabin cards - and those cannot be dropped on the map by players, only traded. So for those specific things, the rules are referring to scavenging from dead bodies? That's the only thing I can think of.

1b) Reveal/pick up is 1 movement, and you can chose to reveal but not pick up, correct? Presumably you would do this if you want another character with perhaps more health or better movement to pick up and objective or keys? And then I'm assuming that anything other than objectives and keys would be effective immediately (+1 body count, draw survival, Otis strikes, first aid station)?

"END TURN...You may pick up any ITEMS, WEAPONS, KEYS, REVEALED OBJECTIVES in your space."

2) The "Camp Grizzly Counselor Survival Handbook" hosted on BGG states: "If you end your move on an Objective you may choose to reveal it instead of drawing a cabin card for free. It will cost 1 Movement on your next turn to pick up though." If you've revealed an objective token during the cabin draw phase though, wouldn't you be free to pick up any revealed objectives/keys during the end turn phase, per the wording above?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grizzly Nightmare
msg tools
1a)The rule is pretty much referring to scavenging from dead bodies, yes. Just to clarify some things...items/weapons/objectives/keys can be dropped by counselors. It's only campers who cannot be dropped (but most of them can be traded). Also, campers cannot be scavenged from a dead body since they are killed if their counselor is killed.

1b)During your move phase, you can choose to reveal and not pick up. It costs 1 movement either way. Other tokens (+1 Body Count, Draw Survival, Otis Strikes, First Aid Station) would be effective immediately, that is correct.

2)If you've revealed an objective token during your cabin draw phase, then you are free to pick it up along with any other revealed objectives/keys/items/weapons during your end turn phase.

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Vargg wrote:
Just to clarify some things...items/weapons/objectives/keys can be dropped by counselors. It's only campers who cannot be dropped (but most of them can be traded). Also, campers cannot be scavenged from a dead body since they are killed if their counselor is killed.

Whoa, really? I didn't see this in the manual. Could you tell me where it says this? I swear I read on this forum that counselors can't drop, only trade directly with other counselors on the same space.

I have read of at least one cabin card with a plot twist called "leave it" which instructs you to drop a random objective, weapon, or item on your space. I was curious how that would function. Let's say you drop a weapon you obtained via a cabin card. Would you put the card on the space on the board? Doesn't seem like it would fit very well.

Sorry if this is all in the manual and I just somehow missed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grizzly Nightmare
msg tools
I should've mentioned it earlier, but I was indeed referring to the "Leave It" card. I can see how that may have been confusing. With the "Leave It" card, you would simply place the card on the space on the board. And you're right, it doesn't fit very well laugh We just angle it so the corner of the card sits in the space it was dropped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D P
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Vargg wrote:
I should've mentioned it earlier, but I was indeed referring to the "Leave It" card. I can see how that may have been confusing. With the "Leave It" card, you would simply place the card on the space on the board. And you're right, it doesn't fit very well laugh We just angle it so the corner of the card sits in the space it was dropped.

Ha! Okay I'm glad it's just that one card. Was going kinda nuts reading the rules! Thanks for answering all my questions. I believe I'm ready to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Right on D P ! I'm glad you took the plunge and are experiencing what this game has to offer! I sincerely hope you enjoy it and have some great experiences with it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.