BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Which of these Tiny Epic games is better solitaire? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
If you picked one you would likely only play solitaire on a regular basis, which would you choose?
Tiny Epic Galaxies
Tiny Epic Western
      14 answers
Poll created by XendoBreckett

I have played both of these games, and I like them. But I've never actually played against the AI. I moved away from my gaming group a few months ago, and I'm now looking to add one of these to my collection. (I may eventually acquire the other as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
The Evil... The Chaotic... The Wallaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
And, please, if you have played only one or the other solitaire, let me know what you liked (or didn't like) about it. (That will increase feedback without biasing the poll.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike De Groote
Belgium
Heist-op-den-berg
antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the western one wasn't a theme I liked so I skipped that one. The tiny epic galaxies on the other hand I played to death .it was my go to game when I went with the kids to an indoor playground.
In the end I even made a tech expansion for the game

I love the fact that you can use a plant in 2 ways and then it can become your personal action (unless the AI follows but he can't select it)
you need to invest to get more ships (more options)
it has the same push your luck with dice like in King of Tokyo
the lid doubles as a dice tray is real handy when on the road.
and there are different AI's to play against.

have yet to try the expansion. but I'm sure it will be a blast.

but form me the TEG one is a golden one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny B
United States
California
flag msg tools
Galaxies has less setup, has a more streamlined bot turns, has less upkeep between turns, takes up less space and takes less time to play the game.

If you like worker placement, manipulating card numbers and suits and 3 card poker; go with Western.

I have played galaxies more often than western. You should know that Tiny Epic Quest has been getting a lot of buzz too. Some have said it's better than galaxies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave H
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I love tiny epic western and much prefer it to galaxies multiplayer, but I don't think the whole gunfighting and poker thing translates to solitaire so I vote Galaxies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.