Popular Tags: [View All]
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So we noticed something interesting with Marsh when we played yesterday.
First off, the wording on his card is:

Quote:
While this problem is play, Personalities may not be played when making or closing deals to solve problems.

At first we were a little confused as to whether or not that prevented the use of SLY cards, but rereading Marsh this morning it's clear that they don't work, since SLY cards happen during the Closing the Deal step.

But here's he other interesting thing we noticed: Marsh prevents the use of personality cards while making deals, but he doesn't prevent cards being played earlier in the turn. Cards like the Mistborn, Tineye, Thug, the informants, etc have the following wording:

Quote:
Play at any time.
Until the end of the turn...

That means that you CAN play these cards BEFORE the active player places the Inquisitor Pawn. Now obviously other rules apply: you're not supposed to negotiate before the Pawn is placed, and unlike normal deals you can't show the card and offer to play it, but then withdraw it if the deal gets interfered with. But still, it does give you a few workaround options or dealing with problems when Marsh is in play.

So anyway, yeah. I was going to ask a couple questions about how this works but I seem to have answered my own questions while posting this. So there you go.

EDIT: I was overruled by the creators. See below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. A.
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for you thoughts on that card.
Glad we were able to help you out cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bowen Jacobs
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I commented on this interaction on the Kickstarter page and got a response from Crafty Games. Apparently it doesn't work like that after all:

Quote:
- Marsh (and other Problem cards with the same language): We'll get this into an official FAQ, as it's confused a lot of folks. Marsh and other Problem cards with this language prevent the use of Personalities to adjust the resource requirements and other conditions of a deal, no matter when those Personalities might be played. There's no skirting this restriction by playing Personality cards before a deal is negotiated, or even after a deal is closed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.