Bruce Degi
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Sorry if all of this has been covered before. With 25 pages of questions it's hard to know.

Tanks

(1) What effect does Wire have on tanks?
(2) What effect do mines have on tanks?
(3) What effect do "Ambush" cards have on tanks?
(4) Are the FCM 36 tanks worth 4 or 8 VP if they exit? (If 8 that's
an unbeatable 32 points, it seems)
(5) If the Germans get a radio through an event on the first turn does that mean they do not get the radio scheduled for Turn Track Space 2?
(6) Is the Tank Leader firing the MG or is the Team firing both?
(7) Has anyone even come close to winning this one as the Germans? If so -- please -- how?

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) A Tank is a "Fortification" So it cannot enter Wire hexes -- Note that Fortifications can't be placed on Tanks at all. And Wire/Mines Actions cannot be used as a Tank "drives" it doesn't "Move" or "Advance"
2) A Tank is a "Fortification" So it cannot enter Mine hexes
3) They are done normally. Remember that the Leader in the tank only affects the units in the tank and same with outside. So.... A tank with a Leader and a team is stacked on a leader and a team .... you play ambush, the inactive player could break either team or either leader. Each leader would only affect its particular team.
4) The FCM 36 tank is worth 4 VP. ... If Objective W is in play, then it would be worth 8 VP
5) I'm guessing you have a specific scenario in mind. Yes, you are correct, if the Germans choose a Radio before they get one as a reinforcement, the reinforcement is lost
6) Assuming you are talking about the FCM, the Leader fires the MG (so no bonus) and the Team fires the Mortar. Note that in the German PzKfw III, the MG fired by the Team **is** affected by the command bonus of the Leader
7) Again, you must mean Scenario 81? Paul beat me by 31 VPs with the French.

I think every scenario I've played with tanks, the tanks have won...I might be wrong. I should create a Tank V Tank battle. :-) I'll take it under advisement!!! Let me look through my ASL scenarios and see if I can get a small one worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
CC:E... tanks? But no thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Degi
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super fast response!
Great game.
Great fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.