Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » General

Subject: Replacement value!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was starting to go through my games to create an exhaustive list in order to see if our renter's insurance is enough to cover losses should (heaven forbid!) something happen to all our stuff.

As I was researching replacement value of my games and expansions on Amazon, MiniatureMarket, and CoolStuffInc., I was shocked to see how much money I currently have crammed into my 7 Wonders box.

Thanks to the newest Broken Token insert I recently purchased (yay!), I have the base game, Leaders expansion, Cities expansion, the Wonder pack, the Babel expansion, the Catan promo board, and the Louis Armstrong leader card...

Around $180 to replace it all. (At the time of this post.)

Quote:
Friend: "Can I borrow your 7 Wonders game?"

Me: "Sure... but you'll have to leave me your first-born as collateral..."


All that being said, I haven't even sleeved my cards yet...

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendvader wrote:

All that being said, I haven't even sleeved my cards yet...

Or bought the other five or so promo cards, the metal coin tokens (with bag), the playmat, the alternate art boards, or the alternate art Palace. Come on, reverendvader, your 7 Wonders box should be worth at least $50 more!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's more. Promos of Esteban, Nimrod, Wil, Phryne, Stevie, alternative art Palace and whatnot.

And let's not forget coins for 7 Wonders Duel, which are compatible with 7 Wonders, except you need at least 2 sets to have as many that cover base game and expansions.

So it could be worse.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whaleyland wrote:
reverendvader wrote:

All that being said, I haven't even sleeved my cards yet...

Or bought the other five or so promo cards, the metal coin tokens (with bag), the playmat, the alternate art boards, or the alternate art Palace. Come on, reverendvader, your 7 Wonders box should be worth at least $50 more!


I know! I know!

What's wrong with me...?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
So it could be worse.


But ... could it?

(I'm thinking... yes.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Watson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they covered that value?


reverendvader wrote:
I was starting to go through my games to create an exhaustive list in order to see if our renter's insurance is enough to cover losses should (heaven forbid!) something happen to all our stuff.

As I was researching replacement value of my games and expansions on Amazon, MiniatureMarket, and CoolStuffInc., I was shocked to see how much money I currently have crammed into my 7 Wonders box.

Thanks to the newest Broken Token insert I recently purchased (yay!), I have the base game, Leaders expansion, Cities expansion, the Wonder pack, the Babel expansion, the Catan promo board, and the Louis Armstrong leader card...

Around $180 to replace it all. (At the time of this post.)

Quote:
Friend: "Can I borrow your 7 Wonders game?"

Me: "Sure... but you'll have to leave me your first-born as collateral..."


All that being said, I haven't even sleeved my cards yet...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Silent Geek wrote:
I hope they covered that value?


Well, that's why I'm systematically going through my games, and other collectibles.

To clarify, we haven't had any loss. Just trying to make sure we have sufficient coverage. Most insurance companies are pretty good about replacement value and renter's insurance if/when you have a good record of what was lost and sufficient coverage for the value of the possessions in the house/apartment in question.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs. Moser

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmb
My most valuable possession is my 2 Big Geeky Boxes crammed full with $700+ of board games. It's slated to top $1000 real soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
reverendvader wrote:
Quote:
Friend: "Can I borrow your 7 Wonders game?"

Me: "Sure... but you'll have to leave me your first-born as collateral..."



Don't lend it out. It's a trick! laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William McDuff
Canada
Prince Rupert
British Columbia
flag msg tools
"'A grey man,' she said. 'Neither white nor black, but partaking of both. Is that what you are, Ser Davos?' 'What if I am? It seems to me most men are grey.'" -- Lady Melisandre of Asshai and Ser Davos Seaworth from A Clash of Kings by G.R.R. Martin
badge
A small part of a 17,000 pushpin video game art project I was involved with.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just need Babel (and Armada when it comes out), and I'll be all in. ninja I've even got the iPad app with the Cupertino board.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.