Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems a bit off to me. We play a game where one person had Moscow on both of their goal cards. We gelt a little bit jipped when the game ended and he dominated us by a 10+ point lead. I didn't see a rule on this in the rulebook. Did I miss it?

Top player can get 13 points just by skipping Ormuz.

Bottom player can get a max of 18 points, but would have to get all four cities.

There has to be a rule against getting double cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
There isn't and doesn't have to be such a rule. If the top player in your example doesn't go to Ormuz then they get 10 points, not 13 - 7 for the Moscow-Kashgar card and 3 for two cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said
JustinRRizzo wrote:
Top player can get 13 points just by skipping Ormuz.

Bottom player can get a max of 18 points, but would have to get all four cities.

There has to be a rule against getting double cities.

There is - top card only scores 10 as noted, 7 for Moscow/Kashgar and +3 for those two cities (Moscow can only count once). There is an example showing this on page 3 of the supplement where goal card scoring is explained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
There isn't and doesn't have to be such a rule. If the top player in your example doesn't go to Ormuz then they get 10 points, not 13 - 7 for the Moscow-Kashgar card and 3 for two cities.

Ahhh. I see. I'm a dunce. We scored it wrong then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Boston
United Kingdom
Prenton
Wirral
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also. this is why you deal each player 4 city objective cards and they chose 2.

This, for me, is the longest part of the game. Looking through the four objective cards, seeing what bonuses are in the cities they correspond to and then working through a strategy in my head with the character I have.

Chose wisely and you can add 10 or so points onto your score just by visiting cities you probably would have done anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. Honestly, I found them to be the least interesting part of the game. Enough that I'd prefer to try the game without them after a few more plays. I want to plan a goods churning route, not a map. In full transparency, I'm never a fan of goal cards in any game, though. At least I can say they make sense thematically with this title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.