alex jacks
msg tools
Just bought a copy of splendor from the brick and mortar Amazon store in Wrigleyville in Chicago for 28.85. Online the version with the high quality plastic chips goes for 39.99. This was probably an employee/stocking error but if you really want the version with the plastic chips try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plastic chips opposed to... paper ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The original version had clay chips I believe....so while not plastic, they were also not paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Harris
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they printed a version with cheap plastic chips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Harrison
United States
Beavercreek
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ihwarrior wrote:
The original version had clay chips I believe....so while not plastic, they were also not paper.

They've all been plastic, but the original has metal in the middle to add weight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, they're not clay, they're metal inside of plastic. They set the airport machines off when I travel with the game (sans box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clarence neal

chattanooga
Tennessee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aharown wrote:
Yes, they're not clay, they're metal inside of plastic. They set the airport machines off when I travel with the game (sans box).

Cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New versions of the game don't have the heft of the original printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That was my experience the one time I played with a newer set of coins. I thought the slight translucence made them look nicer, but I preferred my older coins overall because of the heft and my tendency to fiddle with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex jacks
msg tools
dice roll wrote:
New versions of the game don't have the heft of the original printing?

That is my understanding based on the Amazon comments https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx2E2Y4F0YFCCYM/?tag=ar...?.

The price has also dropped since yesterday and the cheaper game is now going for 24.90.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.