Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG PBF 607 - Full of sound and fury
6 player Base plus Daybreak game to Earth

Welcome to BSG 607 - Full of sound and fury.

This will be a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used, and to those whose preambles I have adapted (primarily GerryRailBaron and fizzmore - via Mawkee). Many thanks to the fantastic PBF community of moderators and players for developing the resources and conventions that make these games so enjoyable.

Further options and clarifications:

If there is a house rule for which you have a strong preference please mention this when you sign up (often included here are changes to Cain's blind jump OPG and/or adjustments to resources at the end of the game if only one cylon card has been dealt). If there is a strong consensus in favour of any of these suggestions (or others), I'm happy to include them here.

I'll set up a poll for players to determine precisely which components we're playing with and our ultimate destination. We'll let character selection determine whether we play with a cylon leader or mutineer (if no cylon leader is chosen, we'll go with the mutineer).

Players:

Aurianna as Lt. Junior Grade Sharon "Athena" Agathon
Desris as Dr. Gaius Baltar, President of the Twelve Colonies
Snarksandboojums as Lt. Louanne "Kat" Katraine
mrsuitcase
as Col. Saul Tigh, Admiral of the Fleet
thegrayone
as Ms. Tory Foster
aforeignstranger as Lt. Junior Grade Felix Gaeta

The players for this game are selected from the Waiting List. If you want to enter a game, please use this list, which is found at the BSG PBF Wiki.

Playing notes:

The regulations of the game are pretty much as in all the other threads. If this is your first BSG PBF game, please read through at least one of the previous games to get a feeling for how it is done.

Some particular notes for those taking part (you can find more notes and tips on Nathan's Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF):

d10-1 Please subscribe to this thread and check at least once a day. More, if you have the time. If you have to leave for a period of time, no problems, life happens! Just don't let us hanging and notify us that you will be away for a few days.

d10-2 All players must have their own copies of the game as I am only going to publish card titles (this is an FFG request).

d10-3 Private communication will be by geekmail between me and particular players, all other communication will be by posting in this thread. Start your geekmail subject line with "BSG 607 - " and your character name.

d10-4 Send me COs whenever possible. COs are only valid when sent through geekmail (COs on the forum thread will be ignored).

d10-5 Please use the following posting conventions:
* Normal text for discussion.
* Italics for flavor text.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread or I receive them in geekmail. Once something is bolded, I will treat it as final.

If you're unsure about your action, or have a rules question, please don't bold the decision until you're certain. I'm happy to answer queries about rule interactions and so forth.

If you're on mobile, saying "bold" (or close equivalents) before an action is sufficient.

d10-6 Make clear in each post who your character is by posting a banner or other character image at the top of your post. Great banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here (use the "medium" option to display them). If you find using a banner is too much of a hassle (or you are on your phone), at least list your character name at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Courtesy of marlus, here's an amazing script that makes it super-easy to add those banners to your posts:
marlus wrote:

1) Click on "Edit" on the top right of your screen to Edit your quick bar.

2) Chose an empty spot and fill label with "My Banner" and add the following text to the URL :

Quote:
javascript: (function() {var b = '[ImageID=xxxxxx medium]'; var t = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea')[0]; t.value = b+'\r\n'+t.value;})();

3) Replace "xxxxxx" with the ImageId you want to use as your banner. I used 547394 to generate the one in this post.

4) When you post, click on Reply/Quick Reply and then click on your Quick Bar Link. Presto!

It even works on mobiles, so no excuses not to use a banner!

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules
Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:
* Saying "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talking about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identifying what cards (or even what colors) you played into a skill check.
* Volunteering what cards are in your hand unless it is relevant to the situation.

d10-8 We will be following the Official FAQ and Unofficial FAQ but we will be ignoring the ruling regarding the Admiral having to disclose whether she chose the top destination. When a player chooses from the top two cards of a deck it is secret which card was chosen.

d10-9 Despite my best intentions, I will probably make mistakes and miss things. If you see something that looks wrong let me know.
Finally ...

Most important of all, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Standing Assumptions for Interrupts:

Pass on any you don't have, but don't tell the thread until almost finished to hide the fact you haven't got it.

Strategic Planning:
- Pass on Launch Scout if there are 2 or more Raptors.
- Pass on Cylon Attacks, Actions, etc.
- Pass on Viper Attacks vs Raiders & Basestars

Evasive Maneuver:
Pass on EVERY use unless:
- YOU are in the viper being hit
- the viper is shielding a civilian from IMMEDIATE attack
- a viper is about to be destroyed (not damaged)

Declare Emergency:
- Pass if you are the Target of Admiral's Quarters or Airlock
- Pass if you played skill cards against the check

Multiple offers may mean that current player will decide which one to use.

Or better: Get those Standing CO's in!

Run Interference (Pegasus), Best of the Best (Exodus), Calculations (Pegasus), and Change of Plans (Daybreak) will not be played unless an explicit CO is given.

If you have an interrupt-style character ability, then you must put in a CO to use your ability when appropriate. For example, I will not ask if Starbuck wants to use Secret Destiny on every crisis card that is played, but she may put in a CO to pause to let her decide when a crisis card meets certain criteria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Invites:
Desris - in
Aurianna - in
mrsuitcase - in - if B+D setup
aforeignstranger - in
Snarksandboojums - in
thegrayone - in

Alternates:
Jeremy R
Moogle - first alternate
Kolmogorv - checked in
TerminusEst - second alternate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Also, if you are in, please vote for options.

Poll
Destination
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Kobol
20.0% 1
Ionian Nebula
0.0% 0
Earth
80.0% 4
Voters 5
Options
  Definitely yes Prefer yes Doesn't matter Prefer no Definitely no Vote Count
CFB 25.0% (1) 25.0% (1) 25.0% (1) 25.0% (1) 0.0% (0) 4
Personal Goals 25.0% (1) 25.0% (1) 0.0% (0) 25.0% (1) 25.0% (1) 4
Final Five 25.0% (1) 50.0% (2) 25.0% (1) 0.0% (0) 0.0% (0) 4
Total Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Poll created by doppio
Closes: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in! Am good with any setup. My preferences would be Base-only or Base+one expansion only to that expansion's destination, using all the expansion's components. But, I realize that is likely a minority opinion, and I am ready to roll with whatever!

Edit: Not sure how to fit my preference in the poll, so I'll just stick with what I have written for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would people feel about Base + Daybreak?

That would also allow mrsuitcase to join, which would give us four already, including Desris (which has to be some sort of a record?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B+D to Earth sounds good to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I would definitely be in for B+D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siu Kee Lee
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you doppio for the invite. I'm IN as alternate, so please don't mind my opinion too much. I'd like a B+P+D if possible. I think both Pegasus (the battlestar) and the reckless mechanics work wonders with the Daybreak treachery.

I'm still definitely in for B+D though, but if we're going B+D only, may I suggest to change the Investigative Committee to the Pegasus one?

Thanks!

House rules: Definitely like the Cain and lone Cylon adjustment, but I'm not sure what is suggested. My F2F group kinda just ban Cain or make her OPG something related to Mutiny or damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tan
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Pegasus IC in a B+D game. Am personally not such a big fan of the way reckless interacts with Daybreak Treachery - between that and dilution of ways to mitigate Treachery cards that mitigate Mutiny draws (Quick Thinking and Dogfight) it becomes really easy for ABM/Personal Vices to snowball and result in Brigstar Galactica.

The usual Cain adjustment is "Really Blind Jump" - if there is a scouted destination on top, bury it before resolving her ability, OR having her jump to a fixed 1 distance 0 fuel destination.

Edit: Cain would not be part of a B+D game, so unless we add Pegasus, this is a non-issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in!. Really, I'm fine with any of the options discussed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alternate checking in. I'm generally down for anything that doesn't stray too far from the rules as written.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Chu
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
BSG 607
badge
I might or might not be a Cylon...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for this new journey! I'm good with whatever the majority decides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks all for the responses. Just wanting to double check Aurianna and Desris are happy with the Base + Daybreak option, and providing this is okay with them it looks like we'll be going with that and heading to Earth.

Any other preferences on ICs? I'll go with Pegasus ICs unless a majority prefer otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine with D+B earth

I'm fine if the answer is no but could we potentially play with all the characters as options? Not sure if that variant is allowed. I'm cool either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin S.
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurianna wrote:
Fine with D+B earth

I'm fine if the answer is no but could we potentially play with all the characters as options? Not sure if that variant is allowed. I'm cool either way.

That option would appeal to me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aurianna wrote:
Fine with D+B earth

No objections!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Blank
Germany
Münster
Northrine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
If the sun was always shining and our load always light // We’d be shaking like a leaf with every God given night // And we’d break under the weight // Of any pain that ever came in this life
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate. I am interested, but seems you are full already. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks Moogle, TerminusEst and Kolmogorv for checking in. Hope you don't have to wait too long for a game.

I'd have no objections to you choosing from a wider pool of characters, if I can talk the spreadsheet into allowing it.

Looking into this now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellie
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Okay, it looks like everyone's good with Base + Daybreak to Earth. And adding in characters from the other expansions should be possible with the spreadsheet.

Adding Cally would add an execution mechanic in the absence of Pegasus and the airlock (which is fine with me so long as you're all okay with that), and if anyone wants to choose Cain that would reopen the discussion on whether blind jump should be changed to 'truly blind'.

But I'll roll for turn order and let you all get on with choosing (or at least thinking and discussing) now.

Desris 1d100 = (60) = 60
Aurianna 1d100 = (70) = 70
mrsuitcase 1d100 = (21) = 21
aforeignstranger 1d100 = (6) = 6
Snarksandboojums 1d100 = (37) = 37
thegrayone 1d100 = (7) = 7

Highest number chooses first, which means you're up first, Aurianna ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1156129. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (60) =
  • Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:58 pm
  • [+]
  • 1156130. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (70) =
  • [+]
  • 1156131. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (21) =
  • [+]
  • 1156132. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (6) =
  • Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 pm
  • [+]
  • 1156133. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (37) =
  • [+]
  • 1156134. doppio
  • 1d100 =
  • (7) =
Justin Hughes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I believed I emailed it to doppio, but just so I'm clear I'm ok with base + daybreak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Suitcase
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moogle wrote:

I'm still definitely in for B+D though, but if we're going B+D only, may I suggest to change the Investigative Committee to the Pegasus one?

I just read what the Pegasus IC does. You're DEFINITELY a cylon!!

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aurianna
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry to hog the cylon leader but I've never played one before.

I choose Athena

Draw: One of each

I'm fine with pegasus rules on the IC. It's been so long since I've played with them the original way it would be weird going back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hughes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I choose Political Baltar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.