Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Sentient» Forums » Rules

Subject: Order of Investor Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
After playing twice we randomized the order of the investor tokens each round and it seems like the most natural way to do it. However, I can't find in the rules where it says to shuffle them. The setup instructions simply say set them up as shown in the diagram. Does this mean the order of the tokens is supposed to be the same every round?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo Belotta
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops. I've just been randomizing the order of the investor tokens every time because that seemed like the most natural way to do it, but I suppose it doesn't matter much since the cards are randomized as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:
After playing twice we randomized the order of the investor tokens each round and it seems like the most natural way to do it. However, I can't find in the rules where it says to shuffle them. The setup instructions simply say set them up as shown in the diagram. Does this mean the order of the tokens is supposed to be the same every round?


Your instincts are indeed correct - the order of the Investor tokens should be randomized each round. Sincerest apologies for the rulebook oversight!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mistergnome wrote:
Odinsfury wrote:
After playing twice we randomized the order of the investor tokens each round and it seems like the most natural way to do it. However, I can't find in the rules where it says to shuffle them. The setup instructions simply say set them up as shown in the diagram. Does this mean the order of the tokens is supposed to be the same every round?


Your instincts are indeed correct - the order of the Investor tokens should be randomized each round. Sincerest apologies for the rulebook oversight!


The rulebook tells to organize the tiles in stacks for all turns before the game, face down. That rule would not be there if they did not need to be randomized.

So while the actual rule is missing, it's pretty obvious how it should play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palmer
msg tools
It's great to see the designer on the forum! Here's a question for you.

I've "simulated" a two-player game twice (with me playing both players) to get a feel for the rules so that I can play with my wife. The game has very interesting mechanics and choices to be made.

In both games, the scores were close: 64 to 67, 58 to 61. Is this typical? And what is the expected "normal" score range for 2, 3, and 4 players? Given that investor tokens will be more distributed in 3 and 4 player games, I would expect the scores to naturally be lower.

Thanks.

Do you have plans for expansions?

-Mark
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonjuggler wrote:
It's great to see the designer on the forum! Here's a question for you.

I've "simulated" a two-player game twice (with me playing both players) to get a feel for the rules so that I can play with my wife. The game has very interesting mechanics and choices to be made.

In both games, the scores were close: 64 to 67, 58 to 61. Is this typical? And what is the expected "normal" score range for 2, 3, and 4 players? Given that investor tokens will be more distributed in 3 and 4 player games, I would expect the scores to naturally be lower.

Thanks.

Do you have plans for expansions?

-Mark


It's amazing how fast people want expansions. It's like eating an evening snack five minutes after you finish dinner. Give it a chance to digest a little for crying out loud.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palmer
msg tools
I'm not hungry for an expansion. After playing the game a few times (and now I've had a real game with my wife), I saw some obvious opportunities for how the came could grow (I had the same feeling after playing the Mystic Vale base game). I was just curious if expansions were intended from the start, or if the designer saw this as a complete game from the start, and had no intention of adding any expansions.

When I first saw Seven Wonders Duel, I thought the game was pretty complete, and was surprised when I saw an expansion for it.

-Mark
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dragonjuggler wrote:
It's great to see the designer on the forum! Here's a question for you.

I've "simulated" a two-player game twice (with me playing both players) to get a feel for the rules so that I can play with my wife. The game has very interesting mechanics and choices to be made.

In both games, the scores were close: 64 to 67, 58 to 61. Is this typical? And what is the expected "normal" score range for 2, 3, and 4 players? Given that investor tokens will be more distributed in 3 and 4 player games, I would expect the scores to naturally be lower.

Thanks.

Do you have plans for expansions?

-Mark


Games do tend to be fairly close - by playing well you can usually score 3-5 more points per round over the average, so over the course of the game that adds up to about a 10-15 point spread.

It is always my hope for a game that it will be popular enough to warrant expansions. If there is enough demand for one, I will certainly be happy to design it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What I’d like to see in an expansion:

Added depth including mitigation of the luck of the draw when dealing out the new set of bots each round or after someone passes.

Perhaps the ability to peek and arrange the next three or four cards to be dealt. Or preview the top card (next bot) of the deck and optionally swap it with an existing bot. Or the ability to move investor tokens or previously placed agents or assistants. Something along those lines or better.

How to make that happen would be the key, obviously.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rock
msg tools
mb
Some of us don't have as sensitive of a stomach as you do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.