Subject: Battle/ Attacking rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kendra Rea
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off I did read the other posts on here, but i am just as confused as ever. Step 11 on page 14, or 17 if your using the rulebook online. It says Collect the monster(s) as a trophy, placing it in the current players trophy pile, and gain it's additional reward if it has one. Also, if a monster has taken enough damage to be defeated collect it and gain it's reward.

So everyone plays their cards and ups the damage bar on their player boards. Then going around the table everyone places their damage tokens on different monsters. Then players move their character onto a location with a monster that has been defeated by the previous placement of damage? If i have the ability to do 5 damage, I can't move to a site that has monster with a strength of 7 even though he has been defeated by the previous placement of damage tokens because his strength is greater than mine? Or is he still defeated because everyone weakened him during placement of the damage tokens?

If a 3 strength monster has 3 damage tokens on it, and i move there, he is automatically defeated so I collect him as a trophy even if i didn't place any damage tokens on him?

I am thoroughly confused, the more i read about it, the more confused i get. Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Stiles
United States
Brandon
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only use tokens if an ability gives you tokens. Here's how it works.

1) everyone plays their cards (simultaneously works best) and increases damage track and puts any tokens to the side.

2a) players go around, in order, and place their character on a location that they can defeat-- if the location has more than one monster, they have to defeat all of them. Collect the monster[s] you defeated.

* there are no tokens used in 2a-- if you have 12 damage, and need 4, you don't have extra tokens left. If you need 4, and have 3 on your damage bar, you can't go to that location.

2b) during your turn, if you have tokens, you can place them on any monster. If you do enough damage to defeat it, you can collect any such monsters. If not, the tokens stay on it, weakening it for future turns. This can be done during 2a, which is why it's not step 3. Different actions, same timing.

* so, if a monster has a strength 7, and 2 damage tokens (from token abilities), and you have a strength 5-- you can go there and defeat him. Even if the tokens were from someone else, you get the trophy.

Quote:
If a 3 strength monster has 3 damage tokens on it, and i move there, he is automatically defeated so I collect him as a trophy even if i didn't place any damage tokens on him?

This would never happen. If a strength 3 monster has 3 tokens on him, he is removed at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.