Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Lucky Dice "ignore" = "do/don't return to the bag"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cluny
msg tools
Upon triggering the reaction on "Lucky Dice" the chaos token just revealed is 'ignored' and another revealed. Does this process involve returning the 'ignored' chaos token to the bag before the replacement reveal [thus involving the possibility of revealing the same token again] or is it set aside instead?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Another" suggests that it is a physically different token. Since there's no explicit direction to return the first token to the bag, I'd say just take a second one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cluny wrote:
Upon triggering the reaction on "Lucky Dice" the chaos token just revealed is 'ignored' and another revealed. Does this process involve returning the 'ignored' chaos token to the bag before the replacement reveal [thus involving the possibility of revealing the same token again] or is it set aside instead?


"Ignore that chaos token and reveal another one to resolve."

That sounds unambiguously like the first token drawn cannot also be the second one, so set it aside.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pickman
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with Carthoris and Esgaldil.

By contrast, compare Wendy's special ability (on her character card):

"Cancel that chaos token and return it to the bag. Reveal a new chaos token."

(emphasis added)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Ignored tokens are set aside. But do check the erratum on Lucky Dice in the latest FAQ!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bd flory wrote:
Ignored tokens are set aside. But do check the erratum on Lucky Dice in the latest FAQ!


Good catch - all it clarifies is that Tentacle cannot be ignored or canceled, which makes sense.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
bd flory wrote:
Ignored tokens are set aside. But do check the erratum on Lucky Dice in the latest FAQ!


Good catch - all it clarifies is that Tentacle cannot be ignored or canceled, which makes sense.


So, just to clarify, under the FAQ wording, would you also remove LD from the game if the first token is a Tentacle, or only the second?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teeka wrote:
Esgaldil wrote:
bd flory wrote:
Ignored tokens are set aside. But do check the erratum on Lucky Dice in the latest FAQ!


Good catch - all it clarifies is that Tentacle cannot be ignored or canceled, which makes sense.


So, just to clarify, under the FAQ wording, would you also remove LD from the game if the first token is a Tentacle, or only the second?


Full text: “When you reveal a non-[tentacle]chaos token, spend 2 resources: Ignore that chaos token and reveal another one to resolve. If that token has a [tentacle] symbol, remove Lucky Dice from the game (cannot be ignored/canceled).”

Revealing a Tentacle means you cannot initiate Lucky Dice at all. You do not follow the instructions that lead to discarding Lucky Dice since you can't put it in play in the first place.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Revealing a Tentacle means you cannot initiate Lucky Dice at all.

D'oh, of course you're right. Little system error in my brain there. Carry on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.