Subject: Traitea Agent Card (FotF) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wick
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Fury of the Fireborn introduces the agent Traitea, which awards the "Tenebrous Audacity" card with the following effect:

Hero is immune to Fear as long as this card remains in play.

Is fear defined anywhere in the rule book? I couldn't find a fear keyword listed anywhere and only Stalkers (fear aura) and Orcneas (fearful bellow) mention fear in their attack names. Immunity to fear is also mentioned at another place in Act 2 of FotF, but i couldn't find anything that would create any kind of fear effect in that act.

Is it best to leave the card out of the game? (Since picking up agent cards is optional afaik)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain that there is a Fear keyword listed anywhere, but it is mainly mentioned under the character token description that mentions the Courage stat, which is your base chance to pass a fear effect test. I believe any time a fear effect is in the game, it will be explained on the monster, trap or quest card in which it is presented. For example on the Stalker monster card, it has a Fear Aura and explains how it impacts your hero. Look on page 11 under courage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that unless you plan on engaging a series of monsters or you are about to face a boss with Fear effects that you will need to overcome, collecting the Agent's card will just make your hero a target of that agent. It could be more trouble than it is worth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will check the 2.0 version of this card later

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was able tp access my files from here.
Quote:
Ongoing
You automatically pass courage tests as long as this card remains Ongoing. For each Hero Cycle this card remains an Ongoing, including the round it is initially played, gain 3 Threat.

I made a note that i changed and sent them saying that the threat is gained at the begining of the HC and when the card is played, i don't know if they added this to their version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wick
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Ah, automatically passing courage tests is a much clearer description of the card effect. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wording has always been an issue with megacongames. But the game is great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.