Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
United States
near Atlantic City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
This seems to be a point of contention among the previous answers I've heard to this issue. On the one hand, these items are never stopped to pass between players. On the other hand, some Omens may break the game if removed from play. I see a few possible ways of resolving this.

1. Undroppable items are indeed dropped on death. This leads to problems like players killing themselves to exchange undroppable items, and players becoming suddenly very powerful by gaining several trait-booster items at once.

2. Undroppable items are removed from the game on death, unless they are vital to the haunt. This may, however, require one side to reveal information about which items are important to them, and feels like a fairly stretched interpretation of the rules.

3. Undroppable items are removed from the game on death, no exceptions. This solution sounds bad, as it may lead to unwinnable haunt situations. Unless all vital, undroppable items have a clearly marked exception for themselves in every haunt description, which I doubt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure this is dealt with in the index that clarifies rules.

I'll look it up and clarify.

Companions (are there other "undroppable" items?) are "dropped" when their owner dies and are claimed by the next person to have a turn in that room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.