Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CEO's Favorite project cost 1 and can put 1 resource in any card in play.

can i play it even there are no cards in play that deal with resources?

i want to play it because i have a card that let me play -1 less for the cost, so it only cost zero. and also i have the ability that when i play an event i gain 2 Mc.

in short: i just want to play CEO's fav project just because for the purpose of gaining 2Mc.

thanks i advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:

No. Putting the additional resource cube down is an immediate effect, and in order to play a card, you must be able to perform all its immediate effects (with the 3 usual exceptions to this, but those do not apply to CEO).
Edit: Does too.

Playing a card - requirements
In order to play a card, you must 1) fulfill any requirement, 2) be able to perform all the direct effects of the card (with the 3 exceptions below), and 3) pay for the card.
A card may be played even if it
* raises a global parameter that is already maxed out,
* removes resources from any player and they don’t have enough or you don’t want to target them, or it
* adds resources (usually animals or microbes) to a card but you don’t have a card that can collect them. In all those cases, simply do as much as you can and disregard these parts.
1st edition errata: Page 10 in the rulebook states another exception; that you don’t need to be able to place a stated tile. This is wrong – any tile placed by the card must be placed unless it is an ocean tile and they are all placed already (per the global parameter exception mentioned above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
dchamp wrote:

No. Putting the additional resource cube down is an immediate effect, and in order to play a card, you must be able to perform all its immediate effects (with the 3 usual exceptions to this, but those do not apply to CEO).

Playing a card - requirements
In order to play a card, you must 1) fulfill any requirement, 2) be able to perform all the direct effects of the card (with the 3 exceptions below), and 3) pay for the card.
A card may be played even if it
* raises a global parameter that is already maxed out,
* removes resources from any player and they don’t have enough or you don’t want to target them, or it
* adds resources (usually animals or microbes) to a card but you don’t have a card that can collect them. In all those cases, simply do as much as you can and disregard these parts.
1st edition errata: Page 10 in the rulebook states another exception; that you don’t need to be able to place a stated tile. This is wrong – any tile placed by the card must be placed unless it is an ocean tile and they are all placed already (per the global parameter exception mentioned above).

Actually, it does fall under the 3rd exception - you don't have a legal target to put the resource on. You can play the card.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Ruckeisen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ok then. Makes sense as well.

I had thought that the effect is already failing at the implied "you must have another card with a resource on it" check. File that under something I've actually played wrong up to now.

Edit: *scratches head* The more I think about it, the less sense the way I looked at it before makes. By the same "implied check for another card" logic, you wouldn't be able to play Aerobraked Ammonia Asteroid without a microbe-collecting card in play, which obviously isn't the case.

Move along, nothing to see here. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Snapshot wrote:
Oh, ok then. Makes sense as well.

I had thought that the effect is already failing at the implied "you must have another card with a resource on it" check. File that under something I've actually played wrong up to now.

Edit: *scratches head* The more I think about it, the less sense the way I looked at it before makes. By the same "implied check for another card" logic, you wouldn't be able to play Aerobraked Ammonia Asteroid without a microbe-collecting card in play, which obviously isn't the case.

Move along, nothing to see here. whistle

I don't blame you. I've never thought of the possibility myself before because you almost always have some better use for it if you have it in your hand. Also, the effect is in text instead of icons, which might give it a 'stronger' appearance. In Venus Next, we introduce iconography that should have been used here too.
See the Corroder Suits and Maxwell Base here:
http://www.fryxgames.se/the-furnace/

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Clark
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As with a number of really cheap events, it's worth playing if you've picked up the card for free and you're getting a rebate off playing events. (since you'll actually make money from playing it)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys.

i did do it right then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan The Man
United States
Unspecified
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
thanks guys.

i did do it right then.

Nooooooooooooooo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DnaDan56 wrote:
dchamp wrote:
thanks guys.

i did do it right then.

Nooooooooooooooo...

huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dchamp wrote:
DnaDan56 wrote:
dchamp wrote:
thanks guys.

i did do it right then.

Nooooooooooooooo...

huh?

I'm guessing that he's upset by the use of "right" as an adverb. While perhaps not appropriate for formal writing, it's extremely common in conversational English . . . nothing to be concerned about.

Wiktionary says:

Wiktionary wrote:
In a correct manner.
Do it right or don't do it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.