Subject: 10 New Adrenaline Guns! - Hito's Gun Pack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys! I love Adrenaline. I made some guns! Ten of them! Some are inspired by guns found in fiction. Still working out some balance issues. Hope you enjoy!

Bullseye
Basic Mode: Deal 2 damage to a target anywhere that has at least one of your marks.
with Lock-On 1: Mark a target you can see.
with Lock-On 2: Mark a different target you can see.

-----------------------

Combat Knife
Basic Mode: Deal 1 damage to a target on your space. Then, gain another Attack action.
In Thrown Mode: Deal 3 damage to a target you can see that is not on your space.

-----------------------

Dual Pistols
Basic Mode for Pistol One: Deal 2 damage to a target you can see.
with Double-Shot: Deal 1 damage each to two other targets you can see.

Basic Mode for Pistol Two: Deal 1 damage each to two targets you can see.
with Quick-Fire: Deal 2 damage to one other target you can see.

Note 1: Dual Pistols counts as two weapons. Gray ammo requirements represent any color ammo. When you grab/reload this weapon, you must pay for both sides of the pistol.
Note 2: When you attack with this gun, carry out the first half before the other half. Targets on one half of the weapon do not need to correspond to targets on the other half. Example: The 'red' target you deal 1 damage to on the second half of the weapon does not need to be the same 'red' target you dealt 2 damage to on the first half of the weapon.
Note 3: When you attack with this gun, it counts as two shoot actions. If you only have one action left on your turn, you cannot shoot with this weapon.

-----------------------

Golden Gun
One-Shot: Deal 1 damage to a target you can see. Then, that target is killed. Do not remove a skull from the Kill Shot track, and do not put your color damage token on the Kill Shot track (unless the damage dealt from the Golden Gun legitimately kills the target).

Note: The target is killed regardless of how much damage is on them. Gray ammo requirements represent any color ammo.
Note 2: If the Golden Gun is one of the first 9 weapons at the beginning of the game available for purchase, replace it with a new one and shuffle the Golden Gun back into the weapon deck.

-----------------------

Gravity Gun
In Pull-Mode: Target either an ammo tile or a weapon card located at most 2 moves away from you. Grab it.
In Push-Mode: Move a target you can see two squares. Then, deal 2 damage to that target.

Note: In Pull-Mode, you must still pay any ammo costs for grabbing a weapon card.

-----------------------

Katana
Basic Mode: Move 3 squares. On your second move, deal 3 marks to 1 target on that space.
with Sheath: If you reload this weapon this turn, the three marks you dealt to your target in this attack immediately move into damage.

-----------------------

Lancer
Basic Mode: Deal 2 damage to a target on your space.
Zap Mode: Deal 2 damage and 1 mark to a target not on your space that you can see.

-----------------------

Plasma Grenade
Effect: Deal 1 damage to a target you can see. Then, that target must discard a Power-Up card if they have one.

with Weapon Neutralizer: Additionally, the target must place one of their weapons in front of them. They gain the reload cost in ammo cubes. They cannot use this weapon until they reload it.

-----------------------

Portal Gun
Effect: Choose two squares you can see. Place a blue portal in one square and an orange portal in the other. These two squares are considered connected by a door for you. When you reload the Portal Gun, remove the portals from the board.

Note: Only you may consider the two spaces connected by a door.

-----------------------

Sticky Bombs
Effect: Deal 1 mark to one target you can see.
with Double-Target: Deal 1 mark to one other target you can see.
with Detonate: Move all marks you have on all other players down into damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks great!
the theme and the artwork are just awesome!

1 question:
the lancer second ability is free?
isn't that really strong?
also the target for the secondary weapon should be a different color from the first (especially since it won't be possible for the same target to be there)

Are you planning to upload the cards in the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
looks great!
the theme and the artwork are just awesome!

1 question:
the lancer second ability is free?
isn't that really strong?
also the target for the secondary weapon should be a different color from the first (especially since it won't be possible for the same target to be there)

Are you planning to upload the cards in the files section.

Thanks!

With the Lancer weapon, you don't get both powers. You have to choose either the top or the bottom.

Also, I probably should probably upload the files locally! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely brilliant!!

For the Portal Gun you say: "When you reload, remove the portals from the board." Are you referring to when you reload the portal gun itself? (So if you don't ever reload it the portals remain there for the rest of the game).

Or do the portals get removed even if you reload a different weapon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
argentetbury wrote:
Absolutely brilliant!!

For the Portal Gun you say: "When you reload, remove the portals from the board." Are you referring to when you reload the portal gun itself? (So if you don't ever reload it the portals remain there for the rest of the game).

Oh-- thanks for pointing this out! The portals are only removed when you reload the Portal Gun specifically. If you don't reload the portal gun, the portals will stay out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitotsumami wrote:
argentetbury wrote:
Absolutely brilliant!!

Oh-- thanks for pointing this out! The portals are only removed when you reload the Portal Gun specifically. If you don't reload the portal gun, the portals will stay out.

Nice one. I was hoping that would be the case!

Maybe the text should be changed very slightly to say:
"When you reload the Portal Gun, remove the portals from the board."

Edit: Haha! Just seen you've already changed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone gives these a try, please let me know if you encounter any issues! I'll be testing some of them in a couple games soon as well.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! Well thought out weapons, with variety and theme! And pretty good graphics too.

I don't like the dual pistols: with it you can deal 4 points of damage. Seems too much imo. You can even deal 8 if you pay 2 blue ammo.

Also, it's not clear what the cost to grab the weapon is: 1 red + 2 other ammo? Or does the grab discount applies to both halves?

I also remark that with the golden gun you can kill someone at the start of the game, get 9 points, and get an unfair advantage against the other players (though no killshot).

I'll play test these weapons more thoroughly in my next game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Nice job! Well thought out weapons, with variety and theme! And pretty good graphics too.

I don't like the dual pistols: with it you can deal 4 points of damage. Seems too much imo. You can even deal 8 if you pay 2 blue ammo.

Also, it's not clear what the cost to grab the weapon is: 1 red + 2 other ammo? Or does the grab discount applies to both halves?

I also remark that with the golden gun you can kill someone at the start of the game, get 9 points, and get an unfair advantage against the other players (though no killshot).

Thanks for the comments!

For Dual Pistols -- the cost to pick them up is 2 of any ammo-- just the gray cube costs. They do have a huge benefit, potentially dealing a lot of damage if the opponents have put themselves in your line of sight, but they take 4 cubes to reload, and they count as 2 weapons towards your total 3. I will say I haven't had much time to play test these, so I do see how I may have to adjust some ammo costs. I'll be sure to look into it!

Same goes for the Golden Gun, more testing needs to be done. You can get a really good turn 1 kill-- but if you see a player spawn in the zone with the Golden Gun, it's best you don't spawn there. Plus, once the golden gun has been used, it'll take a full turn of picking up ammo before you can reload it. And later in the game, when most players will have some amount of damage on them, it won't be nearly as good. Using it on a damaged character will almost always give you the fewest amount of points.

Again, thanks for the comment, and I'll definitely be considering some balance issues! Let me know if you use them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you upload a file with the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hitotsumami wrote:
Faso74it wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

For Dual Pistols -- the cost to pick them up is 2 of any ammo-- just the gray cube costs. They do have a huge benefit, potentially dealing a lot of damage if the opponents have put themselves in your line of sight, but they take 4 cubes to reload, and they count as 2 weapons towards your total 3. I will say I haven't had much time to play test these, so I do see how I may have to adjust some ammo costs. I'll be sure to look into it!

the card holding up 2 weapon spaces is not clear, also it would be a little cumbersome to remember(since this would be the only such case.

Also to be honest i think you can simplify the 2 half things, they can just be either/or or do 1, pay for the other. i think the extra abilities on the bottom are too much.
Quote:

Same goes for the Golden Gun, more testing needs to be done. You can get a really good turn 1 kill-- but if you see a player spawn in the zone with the Golden Gun, it's best you don't spawn there. Plus, once the golden gun has been used, it'll take a full turn of picking up ammo before you can reload it. And later in the game, when most players will have some amount of damage on them, it won't be nearly as good. Using it on a damaged character will almost always give you the fewest amount of points.

Again, thanks for the comment, and I'll definitely be considering some balance issues! Let me know if you use them!

about the Golden gun, and "expensive weapons" in general, it is often cheaper to drop and pick-up the same weapon, i wouldn't be surprised if this is done with the Golden Gun quite often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faso74it wrote:
Did you upload a file with the cards?

No, but I should! Do you know how that is done exactly? Just the images in a ZIP file?

jooice wrote:
the card holding up 2 weapon spaces is not clear, also it would be a little cumbersome to remember(since this would be the only such case.

Also to be honest i think you can simplify the 2 half things, they can just be either/or or do 1, pay for the other. i think the extra abilities on the bottom are too much.

about the Golden gun, and "expensive weapons" in general, it is often cheaper to drop and pick-up the same weapon, i wouldn't be surprised if this is done with the Golden Gun quite often.

Thanks for the feedback! Dual Pistols definitely needs some rethinking. I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas and try to simplify the layout.

As for the Golden Gun, I believe you can only drop something if you pick something else up. That means to drop and pick up the Golden Gun requires you be on the spawn space, you spend two actions, and you have around 3-5 of specific ammo (ammo to pick up 1 other gun, and ammo to pick up the Golden Gun again). I think it is actually cheaper to just reload the weapon.

Again, thanks for all the comments! I hope to eventually get a couple games with these specific weapons included, and any if anyone else does, report your findings here. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would make a pdf file, so that it's more compatible with every OS.

Just go to the file section to upload.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UDPATE! I have played a couple of games with the new weapons I made. A few notes:

The Dual Pistols were powerful on the first play, but on the second play, I implemented a slight rule change and it worked out fairly well. Basically, since the card counts as two weapons towards your total 3, it also costs 2 shoot actions to use them instead of the regular one.

This limits the player who has Dual Pistols fairly. They can no longer move and then shoot (unless they have the bonus from adrenaline), nor can they shoot, and then go do something else like grab stuff. If they use the Dual Pistols, that is all they're going to do.

As for the Golden Gun, another slight rule change: if the Golden Gun is one of the first 9 weapons available to purchase at the beginning of the game, set it aside and draw a new one. Then, shuffle the Golden Gun into the weapons deck.

Faso74it wrote:
I would make a pdf file, so that it's more compatible with every OS.

Just go to the file section to upload.

Hi! I was going to upload the pdf with the gun images, but I'm not particularly sure if I need permission to post that from the creator first? According to the file page, it says I'm not allowed to post 'redesigns of a game' that is still in print without permission. I think this would apply.

If you really want the new guns though, you can always save the images and print them off yourself!

Anyway, I'm glad I could test some of the guns. If others have feedback, feel free to post! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can upload cause this product is your own creation, and it is not for profit.

only the graphics on the cards are not yours, but they are not from other boardgames, and as I said not for profit.

When uploading a file there is someone that will go over them, and mark them legal or not for upload. Just make sure you write fan-made expansion cards.

When making a pdf, it would be great if you could make the cards at the real size and provide a card back that is aligned

Thanks for your awesome work and ideas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can get permission from the publisher, I'd love to turn these into an ArtsCow deck so we can all get decent cards versions of these fan made guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.