Subject: Battlestar Galactica - Glossary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Baltuttis
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Hi there,

I have been working on a Battlestar Galactica Glossary, a game reference guide that can be used to supplement the official game manuals.
While it's not complete at this point, it's already quite usable.

UPDATE: Version 1.4 is now available.

Battlestar Galactica - Glossary

The file upload for BGG is still pending, but if you are interested, you can grab the PDF from here:

https://havepencilwilltravel.com/2017/09/16/1808/

If you spot any glaring errors or have any suggestions, fire away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks really good! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertgibson wrote:
Hi there,

I have been working on a Battlestar Galactica Glossary, a game reference guide that can be used to supplement the official game manuals.
While it's not complete at this point, it's already quite usable.

The file upload is still pending, but if you are interested, you can grab the PDF from here:

https://havepencilwilltravel.com/2017/09/16/1808/

If you spot any glaring errors or have any suggestions, fire away!
No hit chart for Peggy vs. raiders, and Peggy vs. bs? Is this b/c it says this on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, have some

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Baltuttis
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Quote:
No hit chart for Peggy vs. raiders, and Peggy vs. bs? Is this b/c it says this on the board?

Ahh, unfortunately I don't own the Pegasus expansion. We play with Daybreak only. Pegasus and Exodus are not priority items at the moment, but I might include them in the future.

Wait, Peggy vs bs? Can the Pegasus shoot the Galactica?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BS = basestar not battlestar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertgibson wrote:
Quote:

Ahh, unfortunately I don't own the Pegasus expansion. We play with Daybreak only. Pegasus and Exodus are not priority items at the moment, but I might include them in the future.

Wait, Peggy vs bs? Can the Pegasus shoot the Galactica?

Had a chance to check, they are on the Peggy board itself.

Another thing is Scar, but that's listed on the CAC itself, so it's covered. Even then, as your scope is limited to base game and Daybreak, I'll agree that that makes sense to leave them out.

For the entry...
ACTIVATE HEAVY RAIDERS & CENTURIONS
3. To board Galactica remove the Heavy Raider from
the game board and place 1 Centurion on the
start space of the Boarding Track Party.

I'd also add that if there are no centurions to place on the Boarding Party Track, then the heavy just stays out there (although TBF, I have yet to see this happen! wow )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Baltuttis
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Quote:
I'd also add that if there are no centurions to place on the Boarding Party Track, then the heavy just stays out there (although TBF, I have yet to see this happen! wow )

Good catch. I didn't even know about that rule. I'll add it for the next version.

Looking at the board for Pegasus, this might be tricky to include in the Attack table, since the Pegasus will hit different targets depending on the die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
robertgibson wrote:
Quote:

Good catch. I didn't even know about that rule. I'll add it for the next version.

Looking at the board for Pegasus, this might be tricky to include in the Attack table, since the Pegasus will hit different targets depending on the die roll.

Very few people do. When someone first asked about it on these message boards, I was surprised it never came up in my games (and I've had a time where this kept getting played, so we're talking 80+ games). In fact, I felt compelled to ask the community about that here!...
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1850318/has-anybody-eve...

If you wanted to incorporate the Pegasus hit charts, also mention that with Pegasus CIC, you target a bs, and 1-3 damages Peggy herself. For Main Batteries, you target a space area, and then follow the hit chart on the board (with a civvies or vipers only getting destroyed if they're in the same space area you targeted).

May want to also include that with nukes, you target a bs. More than one cylon admiral has asked if he can nuke human ships, Galactica itself, or otherwise just fire them into empty sectors to waste them. Otherwise, firing them into a cloud of raiders with no bs (in the hopes of rolling 7+ to take out 3 of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Baltuttis
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
New version 1.4 is now ready. Enjoy! (Download link is in the first post)
If you spot any errors, let me know. Also if you have any suggestions for future entries, I'll be happy to add it to my "To Do List".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.