Fate of the Elder Gods» Forums » Rules

Subject: Still unsure about Curses gained from Elder Signs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexandre L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
I have trouble understanding correctly the "first time" aspect in the rules concerning Elder Signs and the Summon Token

I understand that if I move multiple spaces on the summon track, I only get one curse (from the first Elder Sign met)
Is that it ?

So a single Elder Sign could make you gain a Curse multiple times during a game ? (Move forward twice : get a curse from the elder sign on next spot.
In a later turn, if the token moves backward (as a result of a curse effect), get a curse again from this elder sign

Thanks for the insight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
passager57 wrote:
I have trouble understanding correctly the "first time" aspect in the rules concerning Elder Signs and the Summon Token

I understand that if I move multiple spaces on the summon track, I only get one curse (from the first Elder Sign met)
Is that it ?

So a single Elder Sign could make you gain a Curse multiple times during a game ? (Move forward twice : get a curse from the elder sign on next spot. Next if the token moves backward, get a curse again from the same elder sign)

Thanks for the insight

Your understanding is right- but it only happens once. If you move/forward you don't trigger that again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilja Preuß
Germany
Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
getlouder wrote:
passager57 wrote:

Is that it ?

So a single Elder Sign could make you gain a Curse multiple times during a game ? (Move forward twice : get a curse from the elder sign on next spot. Next if the token moves backward, get a curse again from the same elder sign)

Thanks for the insight

Your understanding is right- but it only happens once. If you move/forward you don't trigger that again.

And by "once" you mean "once during a game", correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipreuss wrote:
getlouder wrote:
passager57 wrote:

Is that it ?

Thanks for the insight

Yes. Once per game, you get a curse from having your Summon marker meet an Elder Sign.

If you're having trouble tracking it for different players, consider flipping the Summon marker over. It's got a design painted only on one end, so you can set the plain/patterned side for before/after getting that curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Adria wrote:
ipreuss wrote:
getlouder wrote:
passager57 wrote:

Is that it ?

Thanks for the insight

Yes. Once per game, you get a curse from having your Summon marker meet an Elder Sign.

If you're having trouble tracking it for different players, consider flipping the Summon marker over. It's got a design painted only on one end, so you can set the plain/patterned side for before/after getting that curse.

OK thanks, so we misunderstood this rule badly.

We thought a player had to be cursed each time the summon token entered a spot occupied by a specific elder sign token for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.