mbmbmbmbmb
In the rulebook it says...

"When gaining 2 spades, if you only need one of them to transform
a Terrain space into your Home Terrain, you may apply the second
Spade on another Terrain space. However, you may not place a Dwelling
on this second space.

(The same is true when the Halflings build their Stronghold, im-
mediately gaining 3 Spades, see last page.)"

Example 1. If I got 2 spades from Power Action (T&B w/ free 2 spades), and transformed 1 space into my HOME Terrain. Does that mean that my other 1 free spade is wasted if I cant transform anymore terrain (beside my previous transformed terrain) into my HOME terrain? OR, I can just partial transform the second one?

Example 2. I get 3 free spades from Halfling ability. Can I transform my 1st terrain to my HOME terrain with 2 required spades, and then use my 3rd spade to transform my second terrain to my HOME terrain. If I cant use my 3rd spade to transform my second terrain to my HOME terrain, can I just partial transform it?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
veynn wrote:

Example 1. If I got 2 spades from Power Action (T&B w/ free 2 spades), and transformed 1 space into my HOME Terrain. Does that mean that my other 1 free spade is wasted if I cant transform anymore terrain (beside my previous transformed terrain) into my HOME terrain? OR, I can just partial transform the second one?

Example 2. I get 3 free spades from Halfling ability. Can I transform my 1st terrain to my HOME terrain with 2 required spades, and then use my 3rd spade to transform my second terrain to my HOME terrain. If I cant use my 3rd spade to transform my second terrain to my HOME terrain, can I just partial transform it?
Thanks!

You can use your remaining spades to bring as many terrains to your home color if you can. Look at it this way: you have to complete every terrain you start terraforming i.e. IN THE SAME ACTION, you cannot start terraforming another terrain if you haven't finished the previous one.

And yes, in both examples, if you cannot reach your home terrain, you can partially terraform.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ L
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dukelander wrote:
veynn wrote:

Thanks!

You can use your remaining spades to bring as many terrains to your home color if you can. Look at it this way: you have to complete every terrain you start terraforming i.e. IN THE SAME ACTION, you cannot start terraforming another terrain if you haven't finished the previous one.

Does that mean, I can't just partial transform any terrain I like because of lack of spades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veynn wrote:
dukelander wrote:
veynn wrote:

Thanks!

Does that mean, I can't just partial transform any terrain I like because of lack of spades?

Yes, you can

The only restriction on the use of spades is that you can only transform one space per action. But this in turn has an exception regarding what happens when you gain multiple spades at once AND DIDN'T HAVE THE CHOICE OF PAYING LESS FOR FEWER SPADES. This means that the exception only occurs when taking the 2-spade power action, and for the Halflings when they built their stronghold. (It doesn't if you paid workers for your 2/3 spades - if you do that you must apply them all to the same space.) And that exception further only happens if you make one space into your home terrain - you can then use any leftover spades on another space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ L
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
veynn wrote:
dukelander wrote:
veynn wrote:

Thanks!

Yes, you can

The only restriction on the use of spades is that you can only transform one space per action. But this in turn has an exception regarding what happens when you gain multiple spades at once AND DIDN'T HAVE THE CHOICE OF PAYING LESS FOR FEWER SPADES. This means that the exception only occurs when taking the 2-spade power action, and for the Halflings when they built their stronghold. (It doesn't if you paid workers for your 2/3 spades - if you do that you must apply them all to the same space.) And that exception further only happens if you make one space into your home terrain - you can then use any leftover spades on another space.

AHA! So the only exception to this rule is when getting 2+ spades from power actions and halfling stronghold. I get it!

Thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy TM - it's awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinz wrote:
But this in turn has an exception regarding what happens when you gain multiple spades at once AND DIDN'T HAVE THE CHOICE OF PAYING LESS FOR FEWER SPADES. This means that the exception only occurs when taking the 2-spade power action, and for the Halflings when they built their stronghold.

And for spades received from a cult bonus, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Sprockitz
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
robinz wrote:
But this in turn has an exception regarding what happens when you gain multiple spades at once AND DIDN'T HAVE THE CHOICE OF PAYING LESS FOR FEWER SPADES. This means that the exception only occurs when taking the 2-spade power action, and for the Halflings when they built their stronghold.

Spades from cult bonuses can be used on 2 different hexes, both can be incomplete transformations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Zigmond
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmg159 wrote:
David Goldfarb wrote:
robinz wrote:

Spades from cult bonuses can be used on 2 different hexes, both can be incomplete transformations.

Oops - yes I had overlooked this. You can do whatever you want with cult bonus spades, including partially terraforming 2 different hexes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.