Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Wigley
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The pitcher die options (driven by ERA and in-game performance and match-ups) progress unevenly. . .so I'm curious about how this design was chosen.

For example, say I'm a no-dice guy and improve just a bit, suddenly my average PD goes from zero, to d4 with average of 2.5).

But if I improve a level above d4, I jump to d6, just a slight uptick to 3.5 on average, then to d8 (4.5 on average) and then here comes another big jump, to d12!

Why not have a d2 level and a d10 level? D2 is not a real thing but it could be a coin flip or an odd/even roll of a d4? And we have a d10 die in play all the time (which the player could either re-roll or double) that could fill the gap between d8 and d12.

Of course, the biggest jump is the d12 to d20, but at least the ERA chart requires a big jump in ERA to get that to begin with.

Thoughts anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
There is no D6 level. The chart works in multiple of 4. However the original chart does swing 8 from 3.5 era to 3.0 level (-d4 to d4) so some of us use a modified chart that slides them all down one and gives a no dice option for 3.5 making it go from -d4 to 0 to d4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wigley
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad: to be more clear (or clear to begin with!) I was talking about the Deadball 1909 variant, compared to the standard Deadball.

In the 1909 variant rules, the pitcher die progression is much less linear than what you see in Deadball standard. . .so is there any thought behind that difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
That makes more sense. I don't have deadball 1909 so I can't answer your question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.