Space Hulk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Blips after conversion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Started playing SH again for the first time since my teens, and it's still great fun. (Unfortunately my table isn't big enough for anything after the first mission; have to fix that...)

I have a question about blips. After a blip is converted, does the blip counter get shuffled back in to the Stealer player's reinforcements pile, or do they go out of play permanently?

If the latter, if the game goes on long enough to run out of blips entirely, do you shuffle the discards and start a new pile?

I'm guessing they are discarded since page 24 of the rulebooks says "Remove the counter from play", but I'm not quite sure if that had such a definitive meaning in 1989.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin

Usually the blips are returned to discard pile,..
and re-introduced once original cup empty..

there are a couple of scenario's that have limited blips and or Stealers

lack of tablespace...

use the floor

the larger maps are very good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
use the floor

That's not going to work for my partner as she's disabled. But thankfully she's got a nice big table at her house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
robinjohnson wrote:

I'm guessing they are discarded since page 24 of the rulebooks says "Remove the counter from play", but I'm not quite sure if that had such a definitive meaning in 1989.

In this context, "from play" refers to the map and activities on the map. Not from the game.

The Rule Book instructs that blips are originally shuffled and placed face down in the box lid. And, then drawn from the lid. The Missions Book explains how to acquire blip reinforcements, and what to do with converted/destroyed blips:

In these Missions, the Stealers have unlimited
reinforcements - as long as the game lasts, the Stealer player
will get the stated number of additional Blip counters at
the beginning of his turn. If all of the Blips have been drawn
from the box top, take all of the converted or destroyed
Blips (which are probably scattered about the table), shuffle
them together, place them back into the box top, and begin
drawing them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.