Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Game on
badge
Game Time
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
If I may ask, I was going to add the Ratlings, etc to the game. Do I just shuffle the cards for them and other expansions right in? Or should something come out first? Or is that just up to me? Same thing with the monsters, I didnt see anything that said one way or another, but I probably missed it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Whyman
United States
Vivian
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mb
The standard option is to add the ratlings cards to the monster decks. The rules also mention customized quests where selected monsters are in the decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitsbrgparatrpr wrote:
Hello,
If I may ask, I was going to add the Ratlings, etc to the game. Do I just shuffle the cards for them and other expansions right in? Or should something come out first? Or is that just up to me? Same thing with the monsters, I didnt see anything that said one way or another, but I probably missed it.

Thanks!

I personally take out the duplicates of the goblins, dwarves, and orcs when I added in the Trogs, Ratlings, and Reptisaurians, respectively.

In theory if you get through one of the decks, I believe you are supposed to spawn the next level guard card. Having said that, I've never made it through a guard deck.

Still, the variety is nice so I'd recommend doing it that way regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing everything together is way too chaotic for my taste. It creates a bit more flavour if you know that some dungeon is e.g. heavily infested with ratlings. Or if you know that there are Cyclopses living in these halls, and meeting one has a higher probability than the 5% for mixing everything together.

Just the six roamers from the base game gets repetitive soon. Every roamer is too much, and I don't want six races either. Three different races (six different mobs) is just fine.

So I divided all roaming monsters I own (IIRC, 21 monsters from Lightbringer level + both heroes vs something add-ons + ratlings + reptisaurian) into 6 groups and assigned them to one of the six races (orc/goblin/dawrf from base game, trog, reptis, rats).

This makes 6 groups consisting of 2 mobs, 1 agent, and 5 or 6 roamers. Plus all cards of these minis, everything stored together in a foam core box. When I play, I play with three of these six sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Bruno
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done something like this as well. Orcs and Goblins for one quest. Trogs and Ratlings for another, Saurians and Zombies for another. I don't put in all roamers either. I keep a theme. Ogres and Troll theme, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EastCoast wrote:
I personally take out the duplicates of the goblins, dwarves, and orcs when I added in the Trogs, Ratlings, and Reptisaurians, respectively.

I leave them in so I can occasionally make use of all the extra Kickstarter minis for those groups.

But yeah, as others have stated, it's up to taste. I really enjoy having no clue what will show up next, so I have everything shuffled in. They actually did a really good job of allowing you to mix and match these decks however you'd like (unlike with Zombicide).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Duminil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
EastCoast wrote:

I leave them in so I can occasionally make use of all the extra Kickstarter minis for those groups.

I recently removed duplicates too, except for Goblin Archers, to increase the probability to have a Ranged Mob or an Agent (I don't have Ratlings nor Reptisaurians).

I still can use the KS extra minis with spawning the same Enemy at different Levels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Noyce
msg tools
It's really up to you what you add or take away, I throw it all together for variety each time I play. I figure if you bought it you might as well use it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.