Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have killed the last baddie!

Is there still a window where I can turn in bones... or does the mat get cleared right away.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keegan
United States
Whitman
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As soon as the last baddie is defeated the battle is over. Keep in mind you can use bones before you assign damage to kill the last baddie, but you couldn't, for example, kill the last baddie with Tantrums Axe and then use bones to tick the counter back up.

Full answer from the FAQ:

When exactly is a battle "officially" over?
Immediately after the last Baddie is defeated.
There may be special victory circumstances on an Encounter Card that differ from this, but generally a Battle ends as soon as the last Baddie falls. When fighting Tyrants, the Battle ends as soon as the Tyrant is defeated, even if Baddies remain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel B
msg tools
I've always played it as if it's not your turn, you aren't able to use your bones. If you're the one doing the killing blow, you can resolve your dice in any order you like (use backup plan and then resolve your attack dice on your target). I feel like its cheating if other gearlocks were able to use their back up plan after someone else did the killing blow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keegan
United States
Whitman
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, for sure you can't use bones if it's not your turn. My example with Tantrum came up in a solo game with him which is why I had looked for this ruling previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Similarly,
Are die in the active die area removed, such as rolled defense die after battle ends?
or do they carry over from one battle encounter to the next ?
I want to say/hope they carry over.

edit-clarify

edit2
never mind, I found the clarification pg 12 7-locked slots and pg 12 6-active slots.
they are removed at the end of battle or before if the gearloc is ko'd in battle, otherwise they carry over.

now trying to determine if the locked die take away from the dex pool of dice.

edit3
sorry guys
pg 9 defense,
they do take away from the dexterity pool for defense die

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chillinwater wrote:
Similarly,
Are die in the active die area removed, such as rolled defense die after battle ends?
or do they carry over from one battle encounter to the next ?
I want to say/hope they carry over.

edit-clarify

edit2
never mind, I found the clarification pg 12 7-locked slots
they are only removed if the gearloc is ko'd in battle, otherwise they carry over.

now trying to determine if the locked die take away from the dex pool of dice.

edit3
sorry guys
pg 7 defense,

Dice in the active slots (such as defense dice) are removed when a battle encounter ends.

Only dice in the locked slots (the 2-3 slots on the top left) can stay from encounter to encounter. Skills that can go in a locked slot will have a (L) next to them in the gearloc reference guide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ahh, your right pg 12 6-active slots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chillinwater wrote:
edit3
sorry guys
pg 9 defense,

They don't take away from your Dexterity, just the Defense die limit.

For example, let's say you have a Dex stat of 4 and a Def stat of 2, and 1 Def die in your Active slots.

You still can roll up to 4 dice on your turn, but only 1 of them can be a Defense die because your stat is 2 and you already have 1 active. Alternatively, you could remove the Def die from your Active slot at the start of your turn, in order to roll 2 Defense dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.