Subject: About contraband items when bribing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Angiers
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
When giving a bribe, is it ok to do something like, "I'll give you 5 coins, and a crossbow", and put the crossbow on top of the bag? Or does it have to still be in your hand/stall?
If using regular goods in this way, they're visible when in your stall, so I'd imagine you could throw it in from your hand as well. But making your contraband public knowledge feels like it's breaking the model of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has to be in your bag or cart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think making the contraband public is also not how you should be playing.
I do think that it is legal to say you give them crossbow and later fish it out from you cart (or from the bag). My biggest consern is that if you claim not to have some specific contraband at all it is very difficult for others to believe as you cannot show your contrabands to others. With the legal goods you can easily say you give them apples and it is quite obvious if claim not to have any when it's a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
RevolutionChinese wrote:
When giving a bribe, is it ok to do something like, "I'll give you 5 coins, and a crossbow", and put the crossbow on top of the bag? Or does it have to still be in your hand/stall?
If using regular goods in this way, they're visible when in your stall, so I'd imagine you could throw it in from your hand as well. But making your contraband public knowledge feels like it's breaking the model of the game.

Like the guy above this said, you can't promise cards in your hand, only from the bag, or from your market stand. And, it's totally fine to promise a crossbow when you don't have any. But you might have to show your contraband to the current sheriff to prove you don't, that's on your gaming group to decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Connolly
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC, the rules state that if you claim to be unable to provide a specific contraband offered in a bribe the Sheriff is entitled to examine the location from which the bribe was to come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
patcon wrote:
IIRC, the rules state that if you claim to be unable to provide a specific contraband offered in a bribe the Sheriff is entitled to examine the location from which the bribe was to come.

This same argument has come up in a different post. I also think it is a good rule, but I am not (yet) sure if it in the rules at all.

When playing with friends and non-competively I might just trust the other players to not cheat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.