4 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Enemy AI Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oort Cloud
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I just finished my first game and firstly just to say really enjoyed it. Thanks to q's posted here and the 'rolling solo' playthrough videos I think it mostly went smoothly and was getting easier and easier as it went on.

Just one rule I wasn't sure about and couldn't see an answer to here...

At the very start of the prologue after you open the door the shadow 4 away gets resolved. In my case it was a gremlin. It activated and so threw stones then moved 2 into the corner (with the other shadow token).

The next player now goes and decides to wait in the doorway too so another shadow doesn't flip. The Gremlin unfortunately (for him in the end!) activates again and as he has no line of sight to either hero does the last action - move 2 spaces closer. This means he just wanders up to the heroes and sits there. Is this right? It seemed a bad idea for him! The third player then went and moved into the same space and clobbered him as he was dominated.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You played this correctly. The AI doesn't always act in the most intelligent fashion, depending on the layout of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oort Cloud
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kand Affar
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
OortCloud wrote:
Thanks for the reply. :)

The balance to strategies like this is the time limit on completing a quest. Spend too many hero turns waiting for monsters and you might not have turns to grab all the available treasure or to finish the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.