mike b
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Hi, I have a game I have been working on for a while (based on 1916 election). It's really my 1st game I have followed through on and been happy with. I know there are many resources out there now to help me, just don't know what to do. I want to give a professional looking version to my brother for helping me play test. For now I am really just concerned with the cards (3 decks of 45 or so cards). I already made my 1st prototype cards using WORD based template. So I have files of 9 cards per sheet no real spaces between. I just printed those and spray glued them to card stock, which has worked great for frequent tweaking. I am ready to go to the next level. Question is which online printing companies will allow me to just download my Word based 9 cards per page format onto an order. Or will I have to start over and make each card individually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Drive Thru Cards. $0.085/card (any qty under 5,000), easy file set up (PDF with alternating custom backs/fronts), fast fulfilment, lovely 320gsm black core card stock (think your favourite CCG). I use them for final prototypes and finished orders and they have always been perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fertessa
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also check out Component Studio. It worked great for me with creating card templates and easily updating entire decks at the push of a button. You have to subscribe to this program, but currently they have a deal where it's only 4 or 5 dollars a month. Just use the code firstk. You can end your subscription at any time.

https://component.studio/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.