United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this to play with my son. While the game works as a 2-player game, it tends to be lacking in tension. three of the nine battlegrounds reward 1st and 2nd place exactly the same, so there is no reason to compete over them. I am trying to come up with a variant that makes 2-player better.

Thoughts:

1) Deal three face up kittens to each arena as a dummy third player. The unrevealed arena's dummy player kittens could be unrevealed until draft is over as well.

2) Each arena where 1st is best gets a dummy total 2 + 2d3. Each arena where 2nd is the same as 1st gets 2 + 1d3. And each arena where 2nd is better than 1st gets 1d3. The dice are rolled during resolution of the arena. For the arena with 2 + 2d3, one could be rolled before draft and one during resolution.

3) As 2, but with static values of 5, 3, and 1.

4) Alter the payouts and use a target number. For 1st is best, 2nd gets 0 fish, no dummy. For 2nd is best, 1st gets 0 fish, no dummy. For 1st and 2nd are equal, dummy target is 3, no payout change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.