Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Russell
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if SOM has plans on releasing the 1952 card set?

Thanks,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Fuchs
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey:

Just send them an email or call. That should work.

Greg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weirdly, 1952 is skipped, thought '51 and '53 are available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Russell
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want the 52 set so I can play Mantle's career.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ironhelm wrote:
I want the 52 set so I can play Mantle's career.

Cool idea! SOM periodically releases old seasons - if you write they will consider it. I don't know how they determine what they eventually release. I believe the computer game has more seasons than are available in card sets but I prefer the table top version myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hollander
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For paper cards they only release one (occasionally two) retro seasons a year, going back to the first one in 1982 (apparently as a reaction to the big strike in 1981). 1952 is a good bet to appear eventually, but it was a long journey to get a continuous set of seasons all the way back to 1953 (which pleased me as an Orioles fan when they filled the last gap back to 1954). And it may be that the sets are going out of stock faster than they are creating new ones. What would also be nice is if they could move to a more print-on-demand model, and thus commit to keeping more sets in stock. (APBA has done something like that in recent years, apparently with quite limited print runs.)

Strat-O-Matic's consistency across the decades is great in many ways, but comes with a lot of customer frustration. I'm still baffled that they never bothered to put the asterisks from the roster sheet on the cards for the pitchers that can pitch on short rest. How obtrusive would an asterisk be? And they already have the underlining of Relief or Starter in cases where a pitcher is mostly is used in those roles, yet I've never seen that fact spelled out on a roster sheet or a rule of any kind. Just the way they've always done it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.