Bruno C.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[Compliments to Authors, etc. etc. ]

I read in Venus Next Rulebook that "..Adaptation Technology, Special Design, Inventrix also affect Venus requirements."

It would have been a nice touch to include an UPDATED version of these cards in Venux Next... did you think about that?

OR

Will you do this in the "next" expansion?

Thanx in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
pincopanco wrote:
[Compliments to Authors, etc. etc. ]

I read in Venus Next Rulebook that "..Adaptation Technology, Special Design, Inventrix also affect Venus requirements."

It would have been a nice touch to include an UPDATED version of these cards in Venux Next... did you think about that?

OR

Will you do this in the "next" expansion?

Thanx in advance.

Yes, we have considered it, and thought that it was better to have 3 more new cards instead of new versions of older cards. We had a limit of 54 cards to keep production costs down.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno C.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx for the quickest author's reply in the web!
I was also askin' to myself "Why 49+5 cards indeed?" and you answered to that too

Can't wait to play Venus Next here in Italy.. ;-)

May be the next-next expansion will contain updated cards, who knows, I hope it will be less cost-contained, I really think you deserve the success your game is having.

Cheers from Rome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Örjan Almén
Sweden
Karlstad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pincopanco wrote:
May be the next-next expansion will contain updated cards, who knows, I hope it will be less cost-contained, I really think you deserve the success your game is having.

The problem is usually when you go outside standard deck sizes. Then the cost usually increases a lot. As the same principle as of that books only can have pages as a multiples of 16 (and therefore many books has a few empty pages in the back), card piles can only be done in certain sizes. They can be smaller, but you have to pay for the whole size anyway. (if next limit was 72, those three cards would add cost as the whole difference between a 54 deck and a 72 deck). That costs adds to the game price, so you as a designer and a publisher have to consider if it's worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.