Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph LaClair
United States
Watertown
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found the base game for 20 bucks and took the plunge. My LGS had the Enterprise and a Klingon ship from wave 0 for 1/2 price so I picked up 2 of each so I can field 7 ships. My gaming buddies have all moved out of state so most of my plays will be solo.

I'm looking hard at the Borg Cube with the Sphere as a future purchase. What are my chances of ever winning with just these 7 ships?

What is the minimum you would recommend for one player and what ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario that comes with the Borg Cube w/Sphere has a variable difficulty level. Basically you pick a points total that you want to play at and you build your fleet to that amount. To get the full effect, you really need to play at the highest level (600pts), but you can play it at any of the levels. It is one of the most fun scenarios that are out there for the game (in my opinion) and feels very thematic as the battle progresses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it twice and both times we beat it. Once was 3 players with a total of 9 ships. The second was 2 players with 7 ships. The key is accomplishing the objectives and turning in your cards at the right time. It's a lot of fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest that if you are simply playing solo you may want to give the Scimitar mission a go from the Valdore expansion as it can be played solo easily.

Also since its solo play have a look at the online previews and print a few proxies for cards you are unable to get due to expansion hunting issues to expand your game cheaply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.