Subject: A couple of clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Barrett
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hey guys,

So a friend and I played a half-game to test it out before we bring our group into play and a couple of questions came up and try as we might, I couldn't find answers.

1. So I go to a root and EXPlore the first node. I succeed and put my flag on the second node. Then I EXPlore that node and don't succeed. Is my flag still there, keeping other players away from it?

2. So assuming the answer to 1 is yes, let's say I then, for whatever reason decide to abandon this root, so I take my flag and move on. Does the next player who EXPlores that root and succeed get to put a cube on the root?

3. When you remove the demand tokens to replace, do you lower the value of the commodity by one, or by one for every token you remove?

Thanks for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes that is why you use the flag to stop someone nipping in. If you use the flag then you are committed to explore it as your next action.

3. By one for every token you remove (as you do when you draw one and increase demand )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
If you use the flag then you are commented to explore it as your next action.

On this one, we have ruled it that you can choose to abandon a point if you don't want to OR can't explore it. Not sure if it was ever made an official rule, but the problem can arise where you have a flag down and the point that it is on has a Galactic Marauder fleet that you cannot defeat with your current equipment. You would basically be stuck and unable to do any more exploration until you could build up your ship enough to defeat them. In cases like this, we allow players to abandon the exploration by picking back up their flag to be used elsewhere. At the same time, it means that someone else cna come along and pick that point up easily later on.

Seems like a fair and balanced trade off. I had mentioned this a while back to the designers when doing some play testing of an earlier version of the game. As I said though, I'm not sure if that was ever made an "official" ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This could be open to abuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul,

Trueflight and Jerry provided excellent answers.

Paul/Jerry,

Thanks for your help.

Trueflight,

Yes, you may certainly abandon a root at any point, reclaiming you flag in the process.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Strickland
United States
Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Paul - glad to hear you've got it on the table! Great questions too.

@TrueFlight and @Jerry - thanks for your answers, and reflecting what Joe said, they're 100% correct

~Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Allmon
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Send some pics in of your games my brother! We want to hear how it went!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.