Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had an idea about how to create boss battles in massive darkness. Much like the Dark Souls board game, bosses start with a hand of treasure cards that give them certain bonuses and that make sense for that boss (use the greater roaming monster as a bosses and have the battles start when the characters get to the "lair" the floor tile where they reside). The cards are shuffled one time and then stay in that order. Each card gives a bonus to a certain type of attack. The monster has to use that form of attack and has additional conditions attached like attack the character with the lowest health, or who is in the shadows etc.. They could also have defensive cards that only give then bonuses vs. certain attacks. To make them more difficult they could attack after each character finishes their activation along with there counter-attack. Of course i think this would make a great expansion. You would get a giant boss monster and a tile that has their layer and a deck of cards that give them the bonuses and actions, then the players make tactical decisions. This would also be done with current components picking out which treasure cards the boss should have.

What do people here think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pretty good idea Bob. I got Dark souls.and found the game quite dul...EXcept for the boss fight mechanics..which are excellent.and very flexible!.and can easily be done for any other boss monster I would think.
another thing you could like DS is.. the extra power cards [cant remember the name of them].but when a boss gets to a certain health these cards are added.

really good idea!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe cmon picks up this idea when they design the rules for the ZGH dragon crossover to MD. otherwise that would be a neat monster to use your house rules with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Maybe cmon picks up this idea when they design the rules for the ZGH dragon crossover to MD. otherwise that would be a neat monster to use your house rules with...
Ive got a crapload of minis including dragons..D2E.D&D etc etc..so might look at putting some of these card set mechanics together myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.