Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A couple hours ago I posted something on the Puerto Rico forum. A little while later I thought maybe it would be better off in general gaming so maybe more people could see it, so I posted it there again. Sometimes if people are searching for a game to play they may not go into an individual game's forum, but into general (at least from what I have seen).

I did not realize that was a no no until I got a mail saying that both posts had been deleted and not to do that again. I am writing this for 2 reasons:

1) To let others know about this that did not before.

2) To see if there is a better way than deleting both posts at once. Maybe one of the posts could be deleted and keep the other? Or maybe alert the poster and let them decide which to delete? I did spend some time and effort to try to help out the community, or at least I thought I had, just to lose it all.

Anyway, just my thoughts on this. I do apologize for the mistake. Not trying to clutter this place up intentionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Instead of posting multiples, a better way is to use the red X at the top to flag the first and only thread as "Wrong Forum" and indicate in the thread which is the correct forum so the maintainers can move it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. The admins don't hold a grudge. Rather they are trying to herd cats. soblue

It is over and done with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Instead of posting multiples, a better way is to use the red X at the top to flag the first and only thread as "Wrong Forum" and indicate in the thread which is the correct forum so the maintainers can move it.

I did not know that. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
herace wrote:
Don't worry. The admins don't hold a grudge. Rather they are trying to herd cats. soblue

It is over and done with.

Not worried about a grudge. I know the admins have tons of posts to look at and probably don't even remember mine by now. I just wanted to bring this up to see if there was a better way of handling this than deleting both posts at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if anyone posts a reply, deleting your post will not delete the thread, just makes it looks strange.

So, generally, don't delete first posts, ask for the thread to be moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy root
United States
Kingsley
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Also, if anyone posts a reply, deleting your post will not delete the thread, just makes it looks strange.

So, generally, don't delete first posts, ask for the thread to be moved.

I have seen that around here. Started reading a thread and thought that I missed something so I went back to page 1 to see what I missed. But it looks like the OP had deleted the post so everyone was responding to something that wasn't there anymore. It did look strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Per Glöde
Sweden
Svi-tjod
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the wrong forum still. Remove it from BGG general! I wish I got moderator GG for each time I have tipped the admins using the "Wrong Forum" button. Just re-post it under Puerto Rico -> Variants, again, and delete it from General. That is simple! I do not hold a grudge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
gaaloechild wrote:
It is the wrong forum still. Remove it from BGG general! I wish I got moderator GG for each time I have tipped the admins using the "Wrong Forum" button. Just re-post it under Puerto Rico -> Variants, again, and delete it from General. That is simple! I do not hold a grudge.

Don't repost!

Mark it "wrong forum" and it will be moved to the correct Puerto Rico Variants forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RE: red X button

Ugh, I posted a RSP thread in the General Forum, YIKES!!!!!
I had to hit the rex button on my own thread but the admins got it fixed asap.
WHEW!

As for cross-posting, I did that once, I made a poll in the Arkham Horror The Card Game forum and then I posted a thread in the general forum inviting people to come over and take the poll, I had included the link. 30 min. later I got an email from Admin saying that's a no-no. I haven't done it again since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.