3 Posts

Too Many Bones» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dice Active Slots - Immediate Consumables - Maybe More rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr. Funktastic

Antarctica
msg tools
1) When a skill die is in an active slot, do I have to use it first opportunity? For example, Tantrum "Like a Wolf" Lashback, I understand that this is a one time use, but do I at least get to choose when? I also understand that "Like a Kobald" Hardy is different in the instructions "when active..."

2) Can I immediately consume an consumable that I earned, even if within the same framework of a turn... for example, Lets be Tantrum again... I roll my dice pool... gain an axe through one of the green skill dice (exhausting that die, but I don't have to choose to use it) ... can I then use that consumable axe before resolving all the other dice? If I kill an enemy can I immediately use the body count boost?

3) Can I move, throw an axe, move, roll dice (minus dex of course)

4) Can I move, throw an axe, roll dice?

5) Can I roll dice, allot bones, use bones, then resolve the other dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) As a rule no, you do not have to use a Skill die in an Active slot at the first opportunity unless otherwise specified.

2) Yes. Once you're in the "resolve the roll" step, you can do things in whatever order you want. So totally valid to resolve things the way you describe.

3) No. Throwing an axe is "non-target Dmg" and is therefore only usable after you've rolled your dice. This is from pg. 19 of the rulebook.

4) See above

5) Absolutely. Again, once you've rolled your dice you can resolve damage, use other skills, use your backup plan, and put appropriate dice into Active Slots, Locked Slots, and your Backup Plan, in any order you desire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) A note on Tantrum's Like a Wolf die - the Lashback on his character sheet says "you may do damage", so you can choose whether to use it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.