Subject: Planetary systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Saxton
United States
Affton (St. Louis)
Missouri
flag msg tools
After all, gas can is my middle name. Eh, not really.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been giving thought to planets for use with FC, and looking at various forums. Painted spheres are nice, as are painted hemispheres that sit low on the table. Both require a certain degree of artistic skill, which I seldom feel like doing. I am getting lazy in my older years (I have said before, I was a professional model builder for over 20 years, I am burned out from building so many models).

While thinking of ways to do this cheaply, I continually walk from the upstairs of my house to the basement. Then it hit me as I walked past a display I have in my basement on top of a bookshelf.

I collect rocks in my travels, often they are just interesting looking rocks I pick up as I find them, others I buy for their color or shape or beauty. I have 24 that are perfectly round and polished, that each measure 48 to 52mm across. Perfect! Already made, in colors, and a selection of various atmospheres. Here shown on "Orbit" with a Cruiser, Destroyer, and Frigate.

Very often you can find these on eBay, sold from China, for reasonable prices. The most I have paid was $25 for a very unique stone, most are under $8. Search for '50mm crystal sphere'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.