Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have dark city, noir, fantastic four and spider friends besides base game.
Oh and xmen.
If I wanted to could I just pick and choose heroes. With master minds and pick scheme at random just like base game or are these expansions meant to fix or be played differently from base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay K
United Kingdom
West Malling
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
Nothing to see here. Please move on
badge
It's about time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mix it all together however you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Hey! Watch where you point that thing :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dealers choice

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcial
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
I like to shuffle schemes and take one randomly, that can make a impossible mission some times, but that is the fun.
Go ahead, and have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Thank you.
This being said. Are there any cool or important things that I'm missing out on or that would improve the game by doing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Archer
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it improves the game immensely, which is what it's meant to do. Sometimes characters from a single expansion work a little better together, but ultimately, for me it's a hoot to have some Divided heroes, Dual Class heroes, Villains, and Piercing Energy heroes working together. Our favourite thing to do is put together a random team of heroes fighting a random Mastermind and villains, and make a storyline that would go along with that. Galactus working with the Brotherhood of Mutants, the Sinister Six, and the Ultimates to rob a bank? Can Elsa Bloodstone, Solo, Daredevil/Iron Fist, The Captain & The Devil, and Iron Man Noir put aside their differences to stop them? Absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like using this app for randomization, as it takes into account card classes, team icons, and other synergies. Otherwise you might end up with e.g. cards that need tech heroes, and few or no tech cards in the deck.

I do like to play cards from the same expansion on occasion. They usually have some nice mechanical synergies, and there's always a thematic synergy.

But that's definitely the exception, not the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
I have dark city, noir, fantastic four and spider friends besides base game.
Oh and xmen.
If I wanted to could I just pick and choose heroes. With master minds and pick scheme at random just like base game or are these expansions meant to fix or be played differently from base game?

I only play thematic games that I've made up, and we never have a problem with balance etc.

I use the 'Assemble' app on iOS and when I'm jonesing for some Legendary I make up a scenario and save it. It's a randomiser but I've never once used the random button
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.