Hide
3 Posts

Thunderbolt Apache Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pilot Replacement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gallant
msg tools
Just when I think I have the rules down pat, I play a game that creates a confusing scenario.

In the case of replacing pilots. Now, I won't go into the flight path that I chose which got my pilot(s) killed, LOL.
You start out with one pilot for each aircraft and an extra per airframe. That leaves you the ability to sit a pilot for a day to recover from stress and to give others the chance to gain XPs. I get it.
But in the game I played last night, which was miserable, by the way, two of my Apache pilots were killed in one mission. Since I was playing so badly, the VPs I had gained, and lost, over the course of play only left me with two. So, I chose to replace just the aircraft. (I was going to get another pilot once I got my hands on another VP.) Now this would leave me with just enough pilots for that type, without an extra. Is that against the rules? Or should I wait until I can get another aircraft AND pilot. I understand if I have to suck it up for bad rolls, strategy, or whatever and not have a back up pilot. I just want to make sure that it wasn't a rule break and I have to just deal until I get myself another pilot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not see anything in the rules that makes you HAVE to fill up your compliment of pilots up to your starting roster. If you have just enough or less than your planes, then they have to suck up all the stress...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gallant
msg tools
Thanks Fernando. I may seem a little neurotic about the rules, but when I win, or have success, I want to be because I know I am playing correctly. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.