Dragonfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adventure/Scene rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Courtney Caswell

Washington
msg tools
Hello everyone,

I am really struggling to understand how many encounters to summon during a scene. The card says at the start to pull equal to our character level however our party is struggling because we are used to pulling more monsters each round because of the quick start adventure. Could someone give me a rough example of a three person party for dungeon crawl?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven LaGorce
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I think there is another thread that can give you the correct answer. Roughly, you will summon 3 encounters for scene 1 in a 3 player dungeon crawl. You will not summon any more until scene 2 unless you run across a nasty card effect. I think there are a few changes for scene 2. Something like draw encounters from the level 2 deck equal to the dragonfire level and then finish with the level 1 deck. If you are at dragonfire level 3 for scene 2, you will summon 3 level 2 encounters, not 3 level 2 and 3 level 1. The dungeon crawl mission might add extra encounters for scene 2 and 3.

I do not have the game. Just read the rules again and keep in mind that the quickstart summoning mechanics are not like the rest of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pink Rose
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played today.
For a 3 player game, here's the breakdown.

First, 1 of the players needs to be 2 colours so all 4 colours are covered.
Then for the Dungeon Crawl, you draw 3 monsters (1 for each character), from the Dungeon 1 deck.
Draw DragonFire cards each time the first player goes.
Kill 3 monsters.
End Scene.
Scene 2, Draw Monster cards equal to the number of Dragonfire cards (we had 2 when we won) from the Dungeon 2 deck up to 4 (1 for each character +1). SCARY!
Then draw the remainder from the Dungeon 1 deck. You'll have 4 monsters total.
Kill 4 monsters.
End Scene.
Scene 3, Draw Monster cards equal to the number of Dragonfire cards (we had 4 when we won) from the Dungeon 2 deck up to 5 (1 for each character +2). SCARY!
Then draw the remainder from the Dungeon 1 deck. You'll have 5 monsters total.
Kill 5 monsters.
End Scene.
End Adventure! If you win, you get 5 XP and a Common treasure. If you lose, you get 1 XP for each scene you started.

Tada! Now, you're mighty adventurers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muffinwoman123 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am really struggling to understand how many encounters to summon during a scene. The card says at the start to pull equal to our character level however our party is struggling because we are used to pulling more monsters each round because of the quick start adventure. Could someone give me a rough example of a three person party for dungeon crawl?

The Quickstart is a virtual onslaught of encounters at a faster and faster pace.

It is not the normal scenario and is intended to get new players up and running quickly.

The normal scenarios are typically broken into a number of 'Scenes'. Each scene is a new batch of encounters, and the scene doesn't end until all encounters have been defeated.

Then take a short rest, do scene 2, another short rest, and a final scene.

It's ironic that in the Dev Blog they didn't want to modify characters for 2 player by altering stats on the character sheets, but that is exactly what was done in the quick start rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.