Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

First play through with the Crew expansion and we had an occurrence of someone with a shortage, requiring them to move back to the first space they are able to pay the full cost.
They had a merchant whose ability (Canon<>Food) meant they could pay the cost 1 space back by exchanging canon for food. Does this ability have to be taken in consideration under shortage.

We played it did not have to be used and in the example above the person moved back two spaces to a treasure spot and got the +12 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ferengi wrote:

First play through with the Crew expansion and we had an occurrence of someone with a shortage, requiring them to move back to the first space they are able to pay the full cost.
They had a merchant whose ability (Canon<>Food) meant they could pay the cost 1 space back by exchanging canon for food. Does this ability have to be taken in consideration under shortage.

We played it did not have to be used and in the example above the person moved back two spaces to a treasure spot and got the +12 card.

I would assume not, as the card says 'may'...

The whole point of the merchant is to introduce more movement options, not fewer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Fergus
United Kingdom
St.Austell
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:

I would assume not, as the card says 'may'...

The whole point of the merchant is to introduce more movement options, not fewer!

Yup, ta. That's the way I read it too, though wanted some confirmation since it divided opinion in my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.