Subject: Bomb and Shovel usage at the same time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Denny
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
One of my players today equipped both the Bomb and the Shovel to one of his Meeples. He moved this Meeple to a Goblin Portal. The Shovel lets you roll the dice and gain any Power rolled. The Bomb lets you roll the dice and use any Fights rolled. The question is, does he roll only once and use all Power and Fights, or does he declare that he is using one of the items, rolls, then declares use of the second item, and rolls again? Couldn't find this question anywhere. Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would interpret it as two separate rolls, but curious to see the official ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Denny
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
That's how we ended up doing it, but I could see the argument for either method. I haven't thought about any other item combos that might have this issue either, as most of the rest don't have any similar function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me, without a doubt it's 2 rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would have to be 2 rolls. Each card has their own rules that would go off whether they were used alone or with another similar card.

If combined and only one roll was used I would think the rulebook would say something like "after movement roll once and gain any rewards from all equipped items based on the roll"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You 'could' just use a single roll (as the odds individually are the same) but you are then limiting the player to only get a maximum benefit of 5 from both, so you wouldn't choose this.

It should definitely be 2 rolls. Also, you must ensure the player nominates which power the roll is for BEFORE rolling. Else, as they have 2 rolls to make, they're actually improving their odds (as more sides of the dice would have the potential to be good in the first roll).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Denny
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
2 rolls it is, then! That's sort of how I was reading the situation as well anyway, so that's how we're going to play it going forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.