Subject: Any news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Valentin L
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on, guys, about a month before Spiel and still no news?! The rules, some images, at least the cover, anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard W
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There you go
It's anything, in German
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valentin L
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeloW06 wrote:
There you go
It's anything, in German

Yeah, nice T-shirts, I noticed them before
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the first (nearly final) art for the game. More should be coming in the next week or so after some final tweaks. The rules are done but I haven't seen the final formatted version of them yet. I'm sure that will be ready to post very soon as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking goof Jeff but this is cutting it mighty fine for Essen. What are the chances?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it will be a close call but I think there's still a glimmer of hope at least.

Here's what I know:

- All of the game art is done and formatted. It looks great. A few minor changes are needed but those should be quick. I'll post more images once I get the green light, if Uli or Harald don't post them first.

- The rules and player aid text is done. We've revised the English text multiple times and added lots of clarifying text and examples, so I really hope the game will be easy to learn. I haven't seen the formatted version of this so I don't know if that's complete or nearly complete. I assume so. I don't know if all files need to hit the printer simultaneously or if it's that the cardboard, which has more assembly associated with it, needs to be in sooner than the rules, for which printing is an easier matter.

- I believe the game is being printed in the Czech Republic. In the US, the distance from there to Essen would be about a two day delivery time, or easily reachable by next day air. Or a motivated person with a truck could make that drive in a day. So -- I believe that the transportation isn't going to be the long pole in this particular tent.

How long does it take to format, print, and assemble 1000 copies of a game? And how much of the prep work has already been done at this point? These are questions I just don't have the experience to be able to answer. I would assume three weeks is plenty of time for this, except that presumably other companies are trying to get their games printed for Essen too, so who knows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well fingers crossed for you Jeff. Any idea what the MRSP will be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Essen preview says 70 Euro; I haven't heard a number officially but I assume that's correct. Game includes about ~60 wooden pieces per player (5 players), 130 cards, three punch sheets and a big board, so that number seemed plausible to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
Royal College of Arts and Athletic perfection
badge
Inventor of Knowledge Pills
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh, that's just too ugly gulp

No buy from me... THAT is not getting on my table. Such a disappointment!

I prefer the look of the prototype.

Delay the production. Better do it right. THAT is unacceptable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
livio wrote:

In your 'humble' opinion. I'm sure the designer thoroughly appreciates your candid feedback and will certainly tell Spielworxx to trash the current artwork and re-do it all.

Because feedback like this is invaluable. It achieves........so much. Pay no attention to any replies that disagree and say they like the new artwork, they clearly don't have your eye.

I like the new artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
livio wrote:

In your 'humble' opinion. I'm sure the designer thoroughly appreciates your candid feedback and will certainly tell Spielworxx to trash the current artwork and re-do it all.

Because feedback like this is invaluable. It achieves........so much. Pay no attention to any replies that disagree and say they like the new artwork, they clearly don't have your eye.

I like the new artwork.

your opinion that you like the artwork is just as rightful as when someone says that he does not like.

probably nothing will happen as you say (not many chances you're right) but the publisher should also here that there are people that don't like it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did say pay no attention to comments like mine.....whistle

All game artwork has critics who say they don't like it. Usually it's after a game is released and its just a case of ticking that particular 'aesthetic' box for feedback on a review. However with reports that the game will be released in Essen in less than three weeks, I don't think that dictatorial demands that the release should be delayed until the game is completely redrawn can be taken at all seriously, hence my less than serious reply.

If you really think the publisher has got the artwork so badly wrong, the best way to register displeasure would be to mail Uli direct. Don't harangue the poor designer who is just doing his best to promote his long awaited game on a fan based website. How much control do you think the designer has in matters like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
I did say pay no attention to comments like mine.....whistle

All game artwork has critics who say they don't like it. Usually it's after a game is released and its just a case of ticking that particular 'aesthetic' box for feedback on a review. However with reports that the game will be released in Essen in less than three weeks, I don't think that dictatorial demands that the release should be delayed until the game is completely redrawn can be taken at all seriously, hence my less than serious reply.

If you really think the publisher has got the artwork so badly wrong, the best way to register displeasure would be to mail Uli direct. Don't harangue the poor designer who is just doing his best to promote his long awaited game on a fan based website. How much control do you think the designer has in matters like this?

where am i talking about the designer in my post ?
and did i say that it is not too late to change something ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't refer to you in my post. The 'you' I'm referring to is a generic 'you', that did all of the above. I think you realise that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
I don't refer to you in my post. The 'you' I'm referring to is a generic 'you', that did all of the above. I think you realise that.
The generic "you" is "one", which is less ambiguous (though increasingly regarded as archaic). The reduction in ambiguity is especially important when talking to non-native English speakers whose language may contain more precise usage rules for pronouns than does English.

Myself, I would regard the "you" in "If you really think the publisher has got the artwork so badly wrong..." as being the second person singular usage given the context of a direct reply to a post and the use of a adjective such as "really".

Let's try to maintain the entente cordiale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Big Bad Lex wrote:
The generic "you" is "one", which is less ambiguous (though increasingly regarded as archaic). The reduction in ambiguity is especially important when talking to non-native English speakers whose language may contain more precise usage rules for pronouns than does English.

Myself, I would regard the "you" in "If you really think the publisher has got the artwork so badly wrong..." as being the second person singular usage given the context of a direct reply to a post and the use of a adjective such as "really".

Let's try to maintain the entente cordiale

So you like the artwork then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
livio wrote:

I like the new artwork.

Your feedback achieves........so much more. Pay no attention to any replies that disagree and say they do not like the new artwork, they clearly don't have your eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sevy singh
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Art work looks very much like a early Middle Ages map, text and region boarders are distinct, so thumbs up from me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, looks like the game won't be available for sale at Essen after all. There will be a demo at the Spielworxx booth, and I'll keep posting components and the rulebook as soon as I receive them. The game will be available for preorder in November.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
badge
"The game is out there, and it's either play, or get played. That simple." (Omar)
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad news, but in the end quality is more important than time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathias lee
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally for me this is good news. I will not make it to Essen this year so one less game being left out on. Will buy it when pre-order comes up, that´s for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H.M. Woggle-Bug, T.E.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sevy wrote:
Art work looks very much like a early Middle Ages map...

Only if the poor monk was killed by raiders or the plague before he could finish his work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Warrender
United States
Averill Park
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of new art pieces, tweeted by Uli:

Cover art:

Chronicle board:

One sheet of cardboard pieces:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Schröder
Germany
Kassel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah!
I love that cover art...!
Sweet job by Harald!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eurek
Italy
Milano
ITA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jwarrend wrote:
Sorry guys, looks like the game won't be available for sale at Essen after all. There will be a demo at the Spielworxx booth, and I'll keep posting components and the rulebook as soon as I receive them. The game will be available for preorder in November.

Ouch!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.